[ CHAPTER SIXTEEN - THEY DON'T KNOW ]

Sixteen - The Don't Know

"Dammmnnnn baby boy, please give mama a break," Tahari nearly pleaded to her unborn as held her back. She felt like each time she inhaled, baby boy grew more.

Tahari was officially twenty-four weeks pregnant which meant she was six months. As she was nearing the end of her second trimester it was like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. She was ready to pop her baby boy out. Morning sickness subsided weeks ago but back pain took its place. Not to mention Tahari was more hungry, back pains were killing her and heartburn was a bitch.

"Give her hell baby boy, give her straight hell..." Zaquan said from the other side of the bed.

"Go to fucking sleep," Tahari gritted out. It had to be around four o'clock in the morning. Usually, her pains would wake her up and there wasn't any going to sleep.

Tahari threw the covers off of her thick things, then swung her feet over letting then land on the plush carpet. She nearly ran to the bathroom, removing her panties and sitting on the toilet to pee.

"Ahhh," Tahari sounded, with her eye closed as she was relieving herself.

"Damn baby, it sound like you been holding in that piss for years," Zaquan said coming in the bathroom making Tahari roll her eyes.

"Zaquan, leave me the hell alone," She spoke.

"I'm heading back to bed anyways, just wanted to make sure yo' lil ass was straight." He threw over his shoulder, walking back into the bedroom. Tahari shrugged getting up after wiping herself. Once she flushed the toilet she went to wash her hands and brush her teeth.

Tahari walked out in the bedroom, to a sleeping Zaquan, snoring all loud and shit. She laughed a lil bit to herself then walked into their walk-in closet. Tahari put on her big ass, red, furry robe then exited out of their room.

"It's cold as hell down here," She mentioned as she came down the stairs. She went to the thermostat putting the air on seventy since Zaquan had it on sixty.

"Nigga a walking flame," She grumbled after setting it.

Tahari wasted no time making sure the house looked presentable for her parents, she made sure every inch was spotless and shiny. She dusted, cleaned floors, made sure the décor looked right simply because she didn't have time for her mother's boujie ass mouth.

***

"Zaquan....really...." Tahari spoke looking at him.

He was shirtless, with grey sweat pants on and his Gucci slides gracing his feet. His sweat hung off his waist a bit showing the rim of his Tommy Hilfiger boxers.

"Baby, I'm serious yo' uppity parents better accept me as I am! Shit, in the future this I'm going to be picking up our babies from school. Literally, just. Like. This." He said.

"Mmm. I'll be damned but Zaquan, at least put on a shirt...please," Tahari spoke poking her lip out, while looking at him.

He bent down placing a kiss on her lips then said, "No."

"What-"

Just as she was about to say something to him the doorbell rung and her eyes widened, "That them! Zaquan, put some clothes on or I'm putting this pussy on lockdown!" Tahari threw over her shoulder as she exited their room.

"OH HELL NAW!" She heard Zaquan bark and she smirked to herself.

Tahari made sure the ponytail, that her weave was in was neat as it was wrapped around in a silk, Gucci scarf. She then ran her hand down the white, fairly tight dress, that clung to her body showcasing her round belly. On her feet were her brown Gucci sneakers along with gold jewelry that adorned her earrings, neck and wrist.

Exhaling, she opened the door up. "My baby girl!" Her father spoke wrapping his arms around her, giving her a bear hug.

"This house is...grand. Is this European flooring," She spoke bending down touching it then looked up at her husband.

"Thank you, it is nice," Tahari spoke with a smile.

"Your boyfriend must be a governor, pastor or, or an architect. Something!" She exclaimed and Tahari laughed.

"Actually, I own a few businesses," Zaquan said snatching their attention. He came down the stairs laced in the black True Religion matching sweatsuit, with and three of his gold Jesus pieces hanging from his neck. He still had on his Gucci slides, wanting to be comfortable.

Tahari's mother frowned, "He looks like a thug,"

"That's cause, I am," Zaquan chuckled, wrapping his arm around Tahari's shoulder.

"Zaquan Banks, how you doing sir," Zaquan spoke shaking Tahari's father's hand.

"Fine, son, fine. Got a mean ass grip on ya'." He spoke, looking at his hand after the shake with Zaquan. He diverted his eyes to Tahari's, "That's a good thing baby girl,"

"I was playing. I'm not a thug, I just don't play," Zaquan shrugged.

"Well, let me show you to your room! Then we could probably go to lunch or something. I'm hungry," Tahari said and her father nodded.

"Not until this thug tells me what he does for a living! Tahari I will not stand for this,"

"With all due respect Mrs. Smith, I ain't a thug, and like I said I own a business. I can take you by my barber, we could maybe shape up that attitude," Zaquan said making Mr. Smith laugh.

"Aint shit funny Harold!" She snapped.

***

With two hours behind them, everyone was now seated at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink restaurant. They had already ordered but what rubbed Tahari is that her mother wanted to hold a conversation while everyone ate.

"So with school, how exactly are you going about that?" Tahari's mother asked as she sipped her lemon water.

"I'm–" Tahari started but Zaquan cut her off, "She's still going to attend school but while pregnant she decided to take the semester off, which I could understand,"

"hmm," Her mother said and Tahari rolled her eyes.

"So when are you two going to visit 'bama?"

"Daddy there isn't anything in Alabama," Tahari replied and he waved her off.

"Prolly when lil man get here," Zaquan said and Tahari looked at him as if he was crazy.

"I'm not taking my baby anywhere until he's like six months, Zaquan..." Tahari let him know. Zaquan didn't say anything in response, he just let her have it.

"You thinking about marrying my daughter?" Mr. Smith asked and everyone froze, even Tahari.