[CHAPTER TEN - TENDERONI]

TENDERONI

1 month later

"Fuck that!" Ivy spat and Tahari's eyes widened. "That hoe really tried to break our friendship up but I got something for that ass," Ivy smirked and Tahari began laughing. Everyone seemed to be so busy now and everyone just been doing there own thing but the two friends were finally able to meet up.

"Anyway's. Have you spoken to ya baby daddy?" She intrigued Tahari with a sly smirk.

"Um yeah Tuesday." Tahari said with a shrug. She and Zaquan haven't really been speaking to each other. It was appointments only and that was all.

"Just Tuesday? What happened?"

"I don't... one day he got mad because I ain't want to be bothered now he just acting all bitchy I don't got time... My own mom doesn't want to talk to me so why the hell should I be mad that he doesn't?" Tahari spoke as she folded up the clothes that were on her bed.

Ivory exhaled, "You probably hurt his feelings,"

"People get their feelings hurt everyday b." Tahari shrugged and Ivory rolled her eyes.

"So you can't see yourself with him?" She asked side eyeing Tahari daring her to lie.

Ivory watched as Tahari poke her lip out and shrug, so Ivory knew she was lying. "Nah I can't see myself with him," Tahari lied.

"Bitch stop lying!" Ivory said and Tahari rolled her eyes.

"Look I barely know the man," She replied, knowing damn well that didn't matter now.

"You can't use that anymore sis." Ivory laughed.

Tahari finished up her folding and Ivory helped her put the clothing in their designated draws. Tahari hated that Ivory knew her like the back of her hand but it was just the perk of having a best friend.

"Anyways how are you and Carson?" Tahari changed the subject intentionally.

"Great actually. We uh- hold on" Ivory said then began to dig through her purse. She pulled out her phone answering Carson's call, "Hello?"

"Hey baby. Where you at?" He asked and Ivy squinted her eyes because she told him where she was going before she left.

"Tahari's. Why babe?" She asked

'I don't know what's wrong with this nigga' she mouthed to Tahari with an eye roll which made Tahari laugh.

"I was wondering if you could come home I can't find my Rolex watch babe; the gold one!" Carson said knowing that Ivory couldn't resist helping him.

Ivory looked at the phone in disbelief, "Carson why can't you find the shit yourself?" Ivory argued and Tahari couldn't help but giggle a bit to herself.

"Baby pleaseeeeeeee,"

"Alright, I'm on the fucking way you big ass child," Ivory said hanging up the phone and Tahari had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing. Ivory rolled her eyes, "Well let me go help my child find his watch..." Ivory said snatching her purse and keys up.

"I'll tag along," Tahari spoke and followed Ivory out of the door.

***

"Toddler head ass, I'm home!" Ivory said as she entered their home. Tahari knew Zaquan was going to be here so she tried not to showcase her feelings but this was for her friend.

Carson emerged from the kitchen with Zaquan behind him, "Baby we've been looking try the uh couch," Carson said and then walked behind her. Ivory rolled her eyes then began to look in the living room. As she did so Carson gave Tahari a thumbs up and Tahari laughed a bit.

She soon began to look in the creases of the couch, fussing as she did so. "After I find this damn watch you-" She picked up the box and squinted her eyes.

"Carson what's this?" She knew for a fact that what was in her hand wasn't any damn watch box.

"Open it," Was all he said.

Ivory opened it and was completely taken aback, it was a silver engagement ring. Due to finances, Carson wasn't able to get her an engagement ring but he promised he would soon get her one. Carson and Ivory often referred to each other as fiancé or fiancée simply because they know that soon they were going to get married but Carson wanted to do things the right way.

"Baby..." Ivory said as a tear slipped out. Carson got the ring out of the box then got on one knee and took her hand.

"Ivory you're my entire life. Without you am I not whole, and we need to do this the right way ma. I want you in my life for the rest of my life-"

"YES YES YES!" Ivory screamed.

"Damn he couldn't even finish," Zaquan commented making everyone laugh except Tahari she was too busy crying her eyes out.

"You ready to be my wife?"

"Duh!" Ivory said as she watched Carson slide on the ring. Tahari went to the bathroom to get a tissue to wipe her face, she was currently an emotional wreck.

In the living room, Zaquan dapped up Carson and then hugged Ivory, "My niggas," He said and then looked down the hall to which Tahari went down. He exhaled battling with whether or not he should speak but he decided against it.

He knew that his sister, Zaria, and Tahari were getting close which was fine but he just wished things were a little different. Zaquan could actually feel himself changing for the better.

"Congratulations my loves now can we go back to my place?" Tahari asked Ivory.

"Ummmm," Ivory said looking towards Zaquan.

"Oh shit this was a trap," Tahari said looking like a deer caught in headlights.

***

The ride back to Tahari's house was quiet. Very quiet, Zaquan didn't even put on the radio.

He exhaled, "How you been since Tuesday?" He asked with Tuesday being only two days ago.

"Great, how about you?" Tahari snapped back sarcastically.

"Look what's the problem?" He asked pulling into her driveway.

"I don't have one," Tahari said while opening the door to get out. She got out and went up to her doorstep and Zaquan watched as she did so making she got in good.

"Girl just let me love you," He said before backing up out of the driveway.