Chapter One~Memory

You wander around in front of the Aroundight Forest. The small part of your conscious that isn't affected by malevolence wonders about your past. 'Why am I a hellion? Why can't I control myself? Why do hellions attack humans?' You can't seem to remember the answer to any of these questions, and you huff in frustration.

Your silvery white pelt steams in response. As a fire~type hellion, fire and smoke was a natural thing that appeared when you were upset. However, thinking about that just make you have more questions, so you decide to think about other things. Being the "alpha wolf hellion", you hold a lot of power in the area, but you have a post more of that of a guard.

If any humans tried to enter the Aroundight Forest, you would attack them, and keep them away. You had no idea why you felt compelled to do this, but you did it all the same.

"Mikleo! Hurry up, ya slowpoke! Alisha could be in trouble!"

But the last thing you expected was a human and a seraph exiting the forest. You turn in a midair jump, involuntarily attacking the pair. "Sorey, be careful. You can't kill this guy, remember?" the seraph, who you assume is Mikleo, says as he calmly takes out a staff. "Yeah yeah! I remember, kay?" Sorey replies.

Your hellion side takes control in this battle as you lunge, scratch, and bite at the pair. You know you are taking damage, but whatever is controlling your movements doesn't make a move to dodge or guard. You have never seen a more formidable pair, but they are still about to be killed, their HP low.

'I don't want to fight.' You think. 'He looks too familiar-'

'YOUR NAME IS (Y/N). SOREY IS YOUR BROTHER. YOU WERE A SERAPH AND BECAME A HELLION AFTER YOU LEFT ELYSIA. YOU CAN'T KILL ANYMORE.'

You fight back against the malevolence and manage to control your actions for the first time in a couple years. Howling, you come to the terms of what you almost did.

You had almost killed your brother.

~~~End Chapter~~

A/N: Heya guys! FanTem here, with a small author note. This is a Mikleo x Reader fanfic. It will also be a couple chapters before you can actually see some romantic action (I'm a good stickler for a nice lead-up), so stick with me! This is my first time writing a reader insert story, so if I miss something, feel free to mention it in the comments! I can't promise a specific update time for each chapter, but I'll be updating as much as possible. Thanks for reading~