Flirting With the Knight - Bruce Wayne x Reader

Prompt: Can you do a Bruce x Reader, where she is really good friends with Clark (or Hal or someone else) and Bruce feels kind of jealous. And ends up confessing his "intense" feelings for her :D

You have what people might call a "flirtatious" personality. You usually didn't mean any of what you said, most of the time your charm and wit flew out of your mouth without it ever passing through your verbal filter. You found it a comforting coping mechanism for you to be able look death and danger in the eye and send a kiss and wink it way.

Your heroic beginnings started out in Metropolis. You didn't have any superpowers but you had your plucky attitude and an arsenal of knowledge on how to incapacitate people. Sure, big blue ruled over the skies of Metropolis but you fought your battles on it's streets.

You eventually attracted the attention of the Man of Steel. He showed you the skies and you showed him what he was missing on the streets. The two of you learned from one another's versions of heroism and soon became fast friends. Team ups and mission handoffs were frequent for you and Superman.

You'd be lying if you said you weren't surprised when Clark came to you offered you a spot on the Justice League. You declined at first, believing it would distract from what was important: protecting the average Metropolitan. But after a few team ups with the Justice League you realized that by protecting the rest of the world was just as important sometimes. You and asked Clark if the job was still available.

You got along well with most of the Justice League members. Clark, of course, remained your friend and confidant but you quickly became fast friends with Diana. Unsurprisingly, Bruce tended to keep his distance from you. You wondered sadly if there was anyone he was actually close to.

After some time past since joining the Justice League you began to fit right in. One day, you sat around the Watchtower bantering back and forth with Clark and Hal when Bruce walked in.

"I don't know, I think nerdy little reporters like Kent are cute. It's just something about those glasses. you never know what they're hiding behind them" You send a playful wink Clark's way. He rolled his eyes at you.

Bruce walks past the conversation, flushing a bit in jealousy. He had kept his feelings for you buried. He's probably the one person in the entire goddamn justice league that you don't flirt with. But yet, Bruce desires your personalized attention more than anyone else. It's hard for him to admit it but he's infatuated by you. He admires you for your cunning, dedication, attitude, kind nature, the list goes on. Unfortunately, he can never seem to gauge whether you have the same infatuation with him as he does with you. He can't possibly imagine that you do.

"Shouldn't you two be working?" Bruce snapped in his jealousy before storming off. You looked over to Clark with a questioning gaze and he shrugged his shoulders.

"What the hell is his deal today?" You ask in bewilderment.

"My theory? He needs to get laid. Bad." Green Lantern piped in seeing the whole exchange. You couldn't help but to blush slightly when you thought of how much you wanted to test that theory. Bruce was wrong in thinking that you didn't have a crush on him. You most certainly did. You didn't flirt with him because you respect him and wanted him to take you seriously. You thought that's what he wanted.

Bruce gives you the cold shoulder for days after the incident. He actively avoids you when he can. He's mortified with himself that he snapped at you like that. You didn't deserve it.

You eventually corner him alone while he's on monitor duty to confront him about his distaste for you.

"Can we talk?" You asking leaning against the surface next to him. When he doesn't answer, you took it as your signal to continue."I just don't understand why you hate me Bruce. What did I ever do to you?"

"I don't hate you [Y/N]." He said keeping his eyes trained on the screen in front of him.

"Really? Because it certainly doesn't feel that way." You say crossing your arms across your chest.

"I don't hate you." He repeated pinching the bridge of his nose. He sighed before continuing. "It's quite the opposite actually. I lashed out at you because I have these intense feelings towards you. Seeing you flirt so carelessly with Clark it ... It set something primal off in me. I apologize for my behavior and I'm sorry if I caused you any stress but do rest assured that I don't hate you."

"You have feelings for me?" You ask a bit incredulously. You were taken aback by the confession, surprised at the possibility that he might actually care for you.

"I think you're ... enchanting." He admitted, the word sounding foreign in his mouth. "If I'm being frank I want what you and Clark have together." He admitted reluctantly

"Me and Clark? Bruce, Clark and I are just friends." You say.

"But what you said -" He began saying with a furrowed brow.

"Yeah, I flirt everyone, Bruce. It kind of my thing." You shrug. "I wasn't serious."

"You don't flirt with me." He stated with a hint of disappointment.

"Well, you're different." You admitted quietly, moving to sit in the chair next to him. You stared blankly up at the monitors contemplating what you wanted to say next. If tonight was a night for confessions you might as well go all the way.

"I like you Bruce and I didn't want you to get the wrong idea about me. I didn't employ my usual charm with you because I thought you would respect and like me more if I didn't." You let out a nervous laugh and ran your finger through your hair. "Hearing myself say it out loud now, it sounds really dumb and immature." You berate yourself. Surprisingly, Bruce's hand went to grab hold of yours.

"You didn't have to change anything about yourself to get me to like. I like you just the way you are. I'm sorry that you felt you had to." He said apologetically. You look at him sheepishly from underneath your lashes.

"Does this mean I have full license to unleash all of my missed opportunities to flirt with you?" You ask.

"Only if I can flirt back." He agreed. You let out a giggle and gave him a broad smirk.

"Batman flirt? With me? I'd like to see you try and keep up." You finished with a purr leaning in close as if you were about to kiss. Just as your lips were about to meet you pulled away and jumped up from your seat.

"Would you look at the time." You say dramatically looking at a nonexistent watch on your wrist.

"Late for a date?" He asks with an arched eyebrow.

"As a matter of fact, yes. There's a cute brooding billionaire in Gotham that wants to show me a night on the town." You throw a wink his way before sauntering towards the teleportation tubes.