#10. Arranged Marriage AU - Bruce Wayne x Reader

It's day 10 of the 30 day writing challenge! For the full list of the prompts I will be doing for this writing challenge and the ones I have already completed, go Enjoy!

You've been engaged to Bruce Wayne for as long as you can remember. Your parents arranged the union as a business transaction. In exchange for a respectable lady for the young bachelor, Wayne Enterprises would absorb your father's company. You were poised to become the queen of Wayne Enterprises corporate empire by Bruce's side.

You can't say that you were ever really thrilled by the union. It was just something that was a part of your life. You never met Bruce before the wedding and all of the wedding planning was done by your mother. The first time you ever met Bruce was when you were walking down the aisle.

He stood there all stoic and handsome. He appeared cold to you but why wouldn't he? He had just as much choice as you did in this union. A contract is a contract.

On paper you were the perfect image of a happy bride but your smile was forced and your blush was painted on by the makeup artist you mother hired. Despite your inner feelings you put on a pretty face for your family.

You didn't say anything when you reached him. The two of you stood quietly by each other's side as the priest started to speak. You both formally said your vows and "I do's".

"You may kiss the bride." The priest said. Bruce gently took you face in his hands and leaned down to place respectably quick kiss on your lips. When he pulled away a single tear slid down your cheek. He noticed this and wiped the tear away with his thumb, giving you a small comforting smile. He didn't say anything beyond that.

The reception afterward went off without a hitch. Both you and Bruce played your parts well. You had to admit that he was a surprisingly good actor. He played the part of a charming husband beautifully. He only began to speak to you unscripted when you were in a car destined for your new home.

"I know this is an unconventional and quite honestly antiquated way of doing things, but I promise you that you will want for nothing. What's mine is yours." He swore. You nodded and gave him a forced smile.

"Thank you ... Bruce." You said. The name sounded foreign on your tongue. You must of made a face because he then leaned over and looked you in the eyes.

"[Y/N], we're married. If we are going to be spending the rest of our lives together, we ought to get to know one another." He urged.

"You are Bruce Wayne, the billionaire CEO of Wayne Enterprises. You are the sole heir to the entire Wayne fortune and require a wife to continue the Wayne legacy." You stated taking the words right out of your parent's mouths.

"That is all true, yes, but there's more more to me than that. Just like there is more to you than the calculated mask you hide yourself behind." He said. You were about to protest but he continued. "I'm not asking for you to be a wife that I only make use to flaunt at parties. I want you to be mypartner. In all things. We're stuck with one another now, we might as well make the best of it." He finished.

"Partners?" You asked in clarification.

"Yes. Partners. I'd like for you to be a part of the company as well. I know that wasn't a part of the contract but with your Harvard degree I think you could do a lot of good." He said. You blinked in surprise and shook your head.

"I'm just a housewife, Bruce. That degree ... It was just something to make me seem more sophisticated. I've never managed a company before." You argued.

"Housewives in training don't just walk into Harvard. You're extremely intelligent, [Y/N]. It would be a shame to squander your talents." He responded. "I read your graduate thesis, [Y/N]. Absolute brilliance." He gushed. Your heart fluttered a bit and you blushed.

"Partners then?" You asked.

"Partners." He agreed.

It took sometime for you to settle into your new life. You were surprised that he already adoptive sons but you took it all in stride. They welcomed you warmly into their home and you shortly began to care for them as if they were your own sons.

You and Bruce slowly warmed up to each other. You had to work on it a little each day but eventually the two of you began to operate as partners in life. In having such a cooperative relationship with Bruce, in time you began to fall in love with him. You did the unlikely and fell for your husband.

Months past and there was only one wall left remaining in your relationship. Late one night Bruce woke you up saying that there was something he wanted to show you. You stumbled out of bed and followed Bruce downstairs. Bruce stopped the two of you in front of the grandfather clock and moved the hands to a specific time. To your surprise, the clock swung open revealing a hidden passageway.

"What is this Bruce?" You ask. Bruce took you by the shoulders and looked into your eyes.

"[Y/N], what you're about to see is strictly between you, me and the boys. No one else can know." He emphasized.

"I don't understand." You shook your head.

"You will." He said taking your hand and started to lead down the passageway. Trust had gotten you this far in this marriage so you let him guide you downward. Eventually you came to the end of the stairs and the tunnel opened up into a large cavern filled with vehicles and expensive forensic and computer technology. Along one of the walls were glass cases containing iconic uniforms for Gotham.

"You're Batman." You stated. You were feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of this but Bruce's constant touch kept you grounded.

"Partners right?" He asked. After a few moments you nodded and gripped your husband's hand just a little bit harder.

"Partners." You agreed.