The Boss

Word Count: 2,338

A/N: Did I go a bit overboard? Yes. Do I regret it? No.

Prompt: "You know we can't do this. I'm your boss, for crying out loud." with Bruce? o: (requested by anon)

"Good morning Mr. Wayne." You greeted walking into his office with an armful of paperwork and memos.

"Ms. [Y/L/N]." He nodded gruffly.

"Long night, sir?" You questioned lightly, handing him a cup of coffee. He was looking particularly rough and haggard this morning. Sometimes you wondered if he ever slept.

"You could say that." He said giving you a charming smile that very nearly took your breath away. You pushed those thoughts aside. This man was your boss and you weren't about to stake your entire career on a passing crush.

"Well long night or not, you have a meeting with the board this morning followed by several international calls from our subsidiaries. You are also required to make an appearance at the charity gala tonight." You informed reading off his busy schedule.

"What are the chances that I can just write a check and bow out of the mingling?" He asked.

"Sorry sir, there's no way out this time around. You're one of the speakers tonight. Speaking of which you also have a meeting with PR at two to go over your speech." You informed.

"Wonderful." Mr. Wayne sighed. "If that is all, Ms. [Y/N/L], I'll let you get back to work."

"Of course Mr. Wayne. You know where to find me" You said before.

You went about your day and did your usual duties as Bruce Wayne's personal assistant. Your duties usually only involved mountains of paperwork, attending meetings, and running errands but sometimes you also had the joyace responsibility of fending off scorned flings if they decided to come knocking. Today it would appear would be one of those days.

"Where's Bruce!?!" A hysterical blond leggy model cried storming up to your desk. You sighed and made a quick call down to security. You could already see how this situation was going to end from past experience.

"Mr. Wayne is occupied at the moment. If you would like to see him, you will need to make an appointment like everyone else." You explained calmly, but there was no calming this woman.

"Like hell I'm going to make an appointment to see my own boyfriend, you skank!" She cried. You rolled your eyes and sighed. Bruce didn't have girlfriends, he's made that quite clear over the years you've been working for him but apparently she didn't get that memo. Poor little fool.

"Ma'am please calm down. Now, Mr. Wayne has an opening in his schedule three weeks from now. Should I put you down for an appointment?" You asked exuding false kindness. This only seemed to enrage her anymore. The elevator that your desk was positioned in front of dinged as a couple of security guards stepped out and started to lead the hysteric woman away.

"Let me go! Let me talk to that lying cheating bastard!" She cried as she was led away. You let out a sigh of relief as she disappeared from sight. You stood up from your desk and stepped into Bruce's office.

"You should know that security just escorted a lovely young woman off the premises." You informed your voice laced with sickly sweet sarcasm. Bruce looked up at you, sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I don't have enough time or patience to deal with this today." He said going back to work.

"I'm guessing she was your date for the gala tonight? Should I change the RSVP?" You asked.