Phantom of the Opera

A/N: I didn't do nearly as much with Two Face as I intended but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Prompt: Hey! I've been waiting so long to request this. A phantom of the opera modern au with Bruce as Raoul, batmom as Christine, and two face as the phantom. Please and thank you. I really love your writing. ❤️

Despite being raised in a wealthy cultured household, he had never been all that fond of the opera. He just simply had other things on his mind. Tonight his mind was focused on the rumors that a ghost haunted this opera house. A murder had taken place and he was determined to get to the bottom of it. The police had written it off of a freak accident but Bruce suspected there was something sinister at play here.

He was escorted to his private box by a friendly, smiling usher. He sat down in one of the plush seats and waited for the show to start before he would slip out and begin his investigation while everyone was distracted. The curtains pulled away and that was Bruce's cue to begin his work but before he could leave the box your beautiful familiar voice filled the theatre. He stopped in his spot turned to see that it was in fact you standing on the stage, the perfect picture of elegance.

"Can it be?" He whispered to himself. "Can it be [Y/N]?" You had been but a memory for him, all but forgotten in his past. You were his first friend, his first crush, his first girlfriend, his first everything. He smiled to himself thinking of the beautiful woman that you had grown into. Maybe once all this is over he could drop in backstage to say hello to an old friend.

Bruce forced himself to turn away from your enthralling performance and he traveled around the shadows performing his investigation. He found a few clues but little pointing to an actual culprit. He would need to come back when the theatre was empty to some of the areas that were just simply impossible to get to while a performance was going on.

Normally this would be the point where Bruce would go home and work on the case in the cave but he felt compelled to stay this time and listen to you sing. It had been so long since he heard your voice, he had forgotten how amazing you were. When the performance was done he snuck backstage and let himself into your dressing room.

"You were beautiful out there tonight." He said. You back was turned to him. When you heard his voice you gasped and turned around in surprise.

"Bruce?" You asked, not quite sure if the handsome man in front of you was indeed your childhood friend.

"It's been a while hasn't it?" He asked with a laugh. You got up from your seat and rushed over to him to envelope him in a tight hug.

"I'll say! Look at you! You got all handsome and dapper on me!" You said jokingly.

"Are you implying I wasn't always handsome?" Bruce asked in mock offense.

"Well we were kids. I couldn't always appreciate it then." You rolled your eyes. "So what brings you here Bruce? You never really liked the opera when we were kids."

"Tastes can change can't they?" Bruce reasoned, avoiding giving you a real answer. He should have known you would see right through him. You were always uncannily perceptive, even as kids. "Fine. I heard rumor of a murderous phantom haunting this place and I was curious." He answered a little more honestly when you gave him a look that said you didn't believe him. Your face went pale at his second answer.

"The phantom?" You asked fearfully.

"Don't tell me you believe in the Phantom of the Opera." Bruce laughed. You were always so logical, he couldn't believe that you so suddenly developed a belief in the paranormal.

"No of course not." You whispered lifelessly, your gaze not meeting his. "Um, excuse me Bruce. I have to go check on something. It was great catching up with you, truly." You said hurriedly. Before Bruce could protest you rushed out of the dressing room and ran down the hall. Sensing something was terribly wrong, Bruce ran after you calling after you.

"[Y/N]! Wait! Tell me what's wrong. I can help, whatever it is."

"The Phantom of the Opera is here inside my mind, Bruce." You cried. Your eyes shone with tears which Bruce wiped from your cheeks.

"What do you mean, [Y/N]?" Bruce asked searching your eyes for the answers he was looking for. You wrenched your eyes shut and shook your head.

"He's real Bruce. The Phantom's real and he's always here in my head, whispering to me." You sobbed. Bruce wrapped his arms around you and brought you to his chest, gently rocking you back and forth.

"These voices-?" Bruce started to ask before your eyes shot open and you gave him a hard look.

"You think I'm crazy. I'm not crazy! I've seen him Bruce and I'll never be able to forget that grotesque deformed face. He's killed people Bruce. You need to leave. If he finds out that you're here with me, he'll -" You cried, panicking. Bruce cut you off with a firm kiss. Your lips moved desperately along with his. It had been so long since you broke up that you had both forgotten what this felt like. "He'll kill you." You murmured against Bruce's lips when you separated briefly. Bruce only grunted in response before reconnecting you lips.

'You're mine. Your chains are still mine. I will get rid of this suitor and I'll teach you once and for all who you belong to.' The Phantom's voice hissed in your ear. Your eyes shot open, wide eyed in fear. You pushed Bruce away and fell to the floor hugging your knees to your chest.

"What is it, [Y/N]? Please talk to me. I'm here, nothing can harm you." Bruce encouraged, taking you hands in his.

"He'll always be there singing songs in my head." You whimpered.

"You said yourself he's nothing but a man." Bruce asked. You didn't responded and just stared blankly in front of you. The Phantom's voice filled your head and his threats chilled you to the core. Bruce didn't know what he could do to help you. He didn't even know if he could help you.

Bruce stared at you searched for some sort of answer when he noticed the earrings you were wearing. He remembered you always wore them when you were younger. They were one of the few items that belonged to your mother who died when you were just a young girl. You rarely ever took them off.

"Are those your mother's earrings?" Bruce asked bringing his finger up to your ear to get a better look at the small pearls.

"Yes. You remembered." You smiled softly.

"[Y/N] I need you to trust me. Take the earrings off." Bruce said. You looked up at him with the utmost trust in your eyes. You reached up and took off the earrings, feeling naked when they were both out.

To your surprise, the voices in your head ceased when you removed the earrings. You let out a sob of relief and threw the earrings to the side. You closed the distance between you and Bruce and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Take me away from this nightmare, Bruce. All I want is freedom, a world with no more night." You sobbed against his chest. He gently ran his fingers through your soft hair and pressed a kiss to the top of your head.

"You're safe, he won't find you ever again. Your fears are far behind you, [Y/N]." Bruce reassured you.

"Promise me." You insisted.

"Anything." Bruce responded immediately.

"Promise me you need me with you now and always. Promise you'll stay beside me to hold me and hide me." You continued. "That's all I ask of you."

"If you promise me something in return." Bruce said gently intertwining his fingers with yours. "Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime. Let me lead you from your solitude. Say you need me with you, here beside you. Anywhere you go let me go too. [Y/N], that's all I ask of you." He said in return.

"Say you love me." You prompted weakly, reaching your hand up to gently cradle his jaw. You wanted to hear the words that had been too long foreign to you.

"You know I do." Bruce swore, leaning in and connecting your lips in a passionate kiss. No more wasted time, no more obstacles. You loved each other and you weren't about to let each other go ever again.