#30. Marriage - Bruce Wayne x Reader

IT'S DAY 30 OF THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE! Praise be! I loved writing the 30 day challenge and I've learned a lot about myself and my writing because of it but I'm ready to start addressing my backlog of prompts. Again, I want to thank everyone who's shown their love and support this month. You all are AMAZING!

For the full list of the prompts that have made up this challenge and their links, go Enjoy!

"Oh baby, you look so handsome!" You cried tearing up a little at the sight of your son in his tux. You strode over and pulled him into a tight hug, not really caring if you creased his suit. Your baby was getting married and it was your right as his mother for you to get a little emotional. "I'm so proud of you, Dick. She's a lucky girl." You said with the upmost pride in your voice. You brought your hand up and brushed your hand against his cheek. He leaned into your touch and gave you a small smile.

"I'm the lucky one, Mom. She's ... she's more than I could have ever hoped for." He confessed, love filling his eyes. You smiled fondly at how happy your son was.

"Good." You affirmed. "Your parents would be so proud of you, darling." You say with a sad smile, brushing away a rogue lock of hair that fell to his face. You couldn't help but to see the little boy that you and Bruce took in all those years ago and how well he's grown into the man he is today.

"Thanks Mom. I wish they were here today but it means the world to me that my other parents are here to celebrate in their absence. You and Bruce have been the best parents that a kid could have asked for. I'm sorry I haven't always the best son but that's never stopped you from being with me whenever I needed you most. Thank you so much, Mom. For everything." Dick said pulling you into a tight bear hug. Tears sprang to your eyes at the sentiment and you were overcome with another wave of emotion.

"It has been my greatest honor to be your mother." You say. You wiped away the moisture of your eyes, careful not to smear any of your makeup. A knock on the door brought you out of the moment you were having with Dick and Jason poked his head in through the door.

"Hey Mom, they're telling us it's time to get this show on the road." Jason said stepping into the room. You looked back over to Dick and gave him one last quick hug.

"I suppose I can't keep you all to myself forever, can I?" You say already making your way out the door. "I love you sweetie. You're going to do great out there." You said reassuringly. You hooked your arm through Jason's and he led to where the ceremony was going to take place. You gripped your son's forearm as he led you to where Bruce was sitting.

"Thank you, darling." You said, reaching up to place a kiss on Jason's cheek. He smiled fondly at you and excused himself to go sit with his own girlfriend. You took your seat beside Bruce and he immediately handed you his handkerchief.

"You've been crying." He stated when you took the cloth into your hands.

"Our boys are all grown up, Bruce." You said wringing the cloth in your hands. You brought it up to your cheek and wiped away some stray moisture. When your cheek was sufficiently dry you sighed and rested your cheek against your husband's shoulder. "When did we get to be so old?" You laughed. He chucked softly and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, bringing you closer to him. He pressed a soft kiss to your temple.

"We're not that old just yet. Damian still just a kid." He tried to reason with you. You sat up straight and turned to look him in the eye.

"Damian's got a crush, Bruce." You said in all seriousness.

"What? Since when?" Bruce asked with a confused furrowed brow. Damian had come to you some days earlier for advice on how to talk to a certain girl that he may or may not like. He seemed pretty smitten with this girl and you realized that your last baby boy was starting to grow up. You weren't ready to let go of him just yet, but you gave him your honest advice anyway. After years of raising each and every one of your sons you came to realize you couldn't hold onto them for forever, no matter how much you might want to.

"It's fairly recent. He asked me for girl advice a few days ago. Face it: our kids are growing up and we're getting old." You said.

"Age is but a number, my dear." Bruce smirked shaking his head. You rolled your eyes and laid you head back down on his shoulder.

"That's the kind of thinking that gets you hurt, Mr. Wayne." You teased.

"I know my limits." He responded.

"Sure you do ..." You say craning your neck and placing a kiss on his lips. Bruce brought his hand up underneath your jaw and guided you into a deeper kiss. After he pulled away he gave you a look of pure awe.

"Even after seventeen years of marriage, I love you more than I did when I met you. I didn't think that it was physically possible to love someone as much as I love you but here we are. We've come so far, [Y/N]." Bruce said.

"And the way I see things, we still have the rest of our lives to go." You smile, bringing him back towards you for another kiss.