Understand.

Prince look at Leona with fear & denial. His heart was racing a million miles per second.

"Prince? Who's Prince? I'm just an innocent child of God mam." Prince said putting on a deceiving grin.

"Oh please I think I'd recognize the man who sings 'When Birds Cry'"

"It's 'When Doves Cry'!"

"See!!! That was a test"

Prince rolled his eyes.

"So what are you? Faking your death or are you stuck between Heaven and Hell?" Leona asked.

"Stuck between Heaven and Hell."

"Interesting..."

"How'd you know?"

"Alisha told me about you DMing her. I was suspicious until I saw you a few minutes ago."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Only slightly. When I was pregnant with Alisha, there was this singer named Aaliyah. She was fairly new and I instantly became a fan and loved her. When she died, I was immensely depressed. I was a single mother and my musical outlet had died. I kept getting random phone calls from this familiar female voice. I thought it was prank calls so I kept hanging up. Right before Alisha's birthday I dropped her off at her Grandma's house and I drove to the Downtown Bridge right above the river. I was about to jump when a lady grabbed me from behind. I turned around and the lady was Aaliyah."

"Word?"

"Word. Well...She looked exactly like Aaliyah. I'm sure it was her but just in a different body. I talked to the lady all that night and then on the anniversary of Aaliyah's death I got a letter in the mail from her, she knew things that hadn't told her. It was like she was always watching me while even after we parted ways. In church they say a person who goes to Heaven spirit will last forever, just not there body. So same Aaliyah, different body. I'm glad I ran into her."

"That's a really interesting story but can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why would you guys kill yourselves over someone you've never met? Do you guys not believe in God?"

"Well mental illness i.e depression is something that not a lot of people like to admit to having.
Let alone get treatment for. My family believes in God. We attend church and pray daily but unfortunately when I was younger, I thought how a lot of people think. 'I can't relate; so I can't obsess so i'm not intrigued.'"

"Can't obsess over God?"

"Yeah. Before the Aaliyah thing, I have to admit I wasn't much interested in Church or God. Church constantly talking about this perfect being, while I am heavily flawed. God is perfect so how interesting can that get? A million stories about a perfect person...boring. Aaliyah was so dope, she was beautiful, a great singer,funny and topping the charts. Interesting, and I could relate to a girl with a dream from the inner city of Detroit vs God. So I sorta shifted who I went to, in order to be happy."

"So instead of reading a 'long boring Bible' to be at peace, you would play Aaliyah's music?"

"YES! Crazy I know but hey a lot of people do this.I'm just the first to admit it."

"Alisha does it." Prince thought to himself.

"So why are you in my home?" Leona asked.

"I'm here to save Alisha. She's gonna commit suicide."

"I know I should be freaking out but I trust God. So I trust you." Leona said as she hugged Prince.

"Thanks." Prince hugged back before running to the car.