Chapter 8: The Woman Who Speaks German

"All I'm saying is that you could have been nicer," Murray said, holding the door to the conference room open for the Jokers to walk into.

"All I'm saying is that she could do her job," Sal rolled his eyes, straightening his tie. In a complete 180 degree change from yesterday, the four friends were cleaned up with crisp button up shirts and ties with Murray and Q donning well pressed blazers.

"You made her cry!"

"She made us run for our flight. And we still missed it."

"And you're saying that's a bad thing?" Q asked, fidgeting with his cuffs. "We met Lilly."

"Yeah, but imagine if we hadn't," Sal turned to his friends. "We'd have just been late, without a car even."

"Sal has a point," Joe sighed. "Especially since this is the third time this has happened."

"I mean, can you imagine what could happen if we took her on tour with us?" Sal shook his head before slouching in a seat. "It'd be a nightmare."

"Let's not think about that," Q moaned, sinking into the chair next to Sal. "I haven't had enough coffee to think about that." The room fell into silence as Joe and Murray sat down as well. They stared out of the large glass windows that stood over the wide expanse of Oklahoma City before Murray spoke.

"Dibs." The three others looked to him in confusion before following his gaze. Outside of the balcony in front of them stood a female figure, back to the room, phone up next to her ear.

"That's not even fair, dude," Q moaned as they looked her over. She was leaning on one foot, nude heels knocking together as she spoke. Her built legs disappeared into a tight, grey pencil skirt before flowing into a red shirt that expanded tightly over broad shoulders overtime a breath was taken. A delicate string of pearls lay across the neck, visible from their angle because of the hair that was tucked tightly into a bun. A pencil stuck out of the top of the bun while glasses swirled around her fingers and a grey jacket lay on the balcony ledge next to her, a pad of paper resting on top of that.

"I saw her first, I get her," Murray said, not tearing his eyes away from her. "Rule of Dibs."

"That rule never applies when you don't see a hot girl first and you know it, asshole," Joe said, standing up.

"C'mon man," Murray launched himself out of his seat. "I never get the girls."

"Yeah, cause they take one look at your face and start running," Q said, following suit in standing up.

"I called dibs," Murray whined. "Stop being assholes."

"You haven't even met her yet," Sal tore his eyes away from the body outside to look at his friends who were all glaring at each other. "She could be an bitch."

"She's hot, who cares," Joe said.

"You, of all people, should care." The room halted, turning to Sal. Sal arched his eyebrow as Joe crossed his arms.

"Fuck you Vulcano."

"I'm just saying-"

"Well don't." Joe sat down harshly. "Don't be an asshole." Sal held up his hands in apology. "Look, she clearly has a boyfriend anyway." The three turned to see a tall young man appear from the edge of the balcony, carrying two cups of Starbucks coffee. He set one down on the edge next to the coat and the pad of paper, looking down at the woman with a soft smile. His lips moved which was followed by a shake of the woman's head, causing another smile from the man before leaning on the balcony, sipping his coffee and staring out at the skyline in front of them.