Chapter 19: The Man who Faced the Awkwardness

"And she just ran out?" Joe asked Q as the quartet were handed their coffee from the shop downstairs.

"Yeah. Just bolted. I called her and she never answered."

"Well I imagine she wasn't exactly expecting to walk in on that," Sal chuckled, blowing the steam off of his coffee as they stepped into the cool September morning. "Was that girl any good by the way?"

"Not the question to ask at the moment," Q moaned. "I'm serious guys. I have no idea where she went last night."

"She probably got a hotel or something," Sal shrugged. "I called her too and she didn't answer. It's not a big deal. I'm sure she's fine."

"Says the dude she hasn't seen naked," Q scratched his head.

"I'm sure you're not the first guy she's seen naked, Bri," Murray said, tugging his hat further down his head as they clamored into his car.

"Not helping."

"How about this," Joe said, sliding into the passenger seat. "If she doesn't show up to the morning meeting, we'll track her down. If she does, you guys can dick it out then." Q turned bright red in embarrassment as the car roared in laughter.

They entered the TruTV floor and were met with a glaring Alan. They froze in the elevator at the harshness of his glare.

"Want to tell me while your assistant is sleeping on the couch in the conference room?" Alan asked, briskly.

"Oh thank God," Q rushed out of the elevator towards the conference room. Alan snagged him before he passed, catching his upper arm to keep him next to him.

"She's still sleeping. You're not to disturb her." Alan turned back to the other three. "Now who is going to answer my question? Why is Lilly sleeping in the conference room?"

"Brian brought a girl home last night," Sal smirked.

"Okay? And?"

"And Lilly walked in on them in the living room."

"Where she's been sleeping?!" Alan smacked Q on the back of the head.

"Ow! I'm sorry!"

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to!" Alan snarled at him. "You should be ashamed of yourself!"

"I said I was sorry!" Q ducked another one of Alan's smacks. "We went out and had a few drinks and I thought Lilly was supposed to meet the other guys there-"

"You weren't even home?" Alan rounded on the other three who held up their hands.

"Why are you mad at us?" Joe squeaked. "It isn't our dick she saw!"

"She saw-"

"Alright already! I'll handle it, I'll handle it."

"You boys are going to clean out that spare room for her," Alan shook his finger at them threateningly. "That girl needs a bed and a real room to herself. A place away from you lot."

"Yes sir," Murray nodded from his half-hidden position from behind Sal.

"And you," Alan turned back to Q. "You fix this. If she quits because of this-"

"I'll make sure she won't, I swear."

"You better. That girl fixed half of our filming contracts yesterday. She's a genius."