Chapter 12: The Man who Flirted

When Lilly approached the empty seat next to him, Q stood straight up out of his chair. Lilly smiled at him as David stood up as well.

"There she is," David pulled out her chair and kissed her on the cheek. "I was wondering where you ran off to."

"You know me and numbers," she laughed as she sat down. "You start talking about all of that and it just goes right over my head."

"I guess you can't be good at everything," Jackson teased from the other side of David's seat.

"At least I'm not just good at one thing," she looked pointedly at him, with a smirk. David chuckled as he sat down and the four comedians snorted in laughter.

"Rude," Jackson glared at her.

"Easy you two," David smiled, before looking around the table. "Mr. and Mrs. Phillips, lovely to see you both again." The couple next to Murray smiled and inclined their heads to David. "And Dr. and Dr. Carter. How was Africa?"

"Wonderful as always," the woman said.

"And Mayor Lutz. That you for letting us be here today."

"You're always welcome here in Oklahoma City, Mr. Palmer," the Mayor nodded.

"And you all know the Impractical Jokers from our station," David gestured to the four who were staring around the table in shock. Sal waved slightly, stunned by the people around them. As the dinner continued, Lilly sipped her drink with surprising regularity, making Joe smirk. Q leaned over and whispered to her every once and a while, making her smile and giggle into her drink. As dinner began to wrap up, David whispered into Jackson's ear and he nodded. He stood up and glanced around before moving towards the table next to them; Lilly's gaze followed him back to the stage before David leaned into her and whispered again. Lilly nodded and sighed, shaking her head as she pulled away. Jackson bounded out on to the stage a few minutes after David spoke to her, the lights dimmed and an announcer came over the loudspeakers.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Jackson Davis!" The room clapped as Jackson jogged onto the stage.

"Thank you folks!" Jackson waved with a wide smile. "I hope you all enjoyed your dinner and have had a good night so far. Now we're about to make a little magic. I am very proud to introduce some of the entertainment for the evening; a member of the TruTV cast, Michael Carbonaro of The Carbonaro Effect." The audience clapped as Jackson backed away for the magician to bound onto the stage.

"Hello, hello, hello!!" Michael said, waving to acknowledge the crowd. "Thank you all. Thank you! For those of you who don't know me, I am a magician who does a hidden camera magic show on TruTV. Now, tonight I am not going to be doing anything super crazy. What I am going to need, is an assistant. So, who wants to be my assistant?"

"Lilly does!" Jackson's voice echoed throughout the ballroom. Lilly's eyes widened as the table and the room turned to her. Michael looked out to the audience, shielding his eyes from the lights beaming down on him.

"Alright, where is this Lilly?" His eyes quickly found the girl in the red dress and smiled. "The young lady with a terrified look on her face. That must be you! Come on up here, Ms. Lilly." Lilly shook her head rapidly, but David leaned over to her.

"Go on, it'll be fun!"

"Jackson told me all about him."

"You're supposed to be relaxing, my little monarch. Go." Lilly huffed, staring at David. The staring contest was short lived when finally Lilly rose from her chair.

"There we go!" Michael said, clapping his hands. "Let's give our shy little Lilly a round of applause." The four Jokers watched as she brushed through the tables with practiced grace and made her way up onto the stage. She shot daggers to the side of the stage that Jackson had disappeared to, barely noticeable before spinning around to face the crowd, her face falling into a smile. Michael strode up to her and kissed her hand. "It is an absolutely pleasure to meet such a beautiful woman such as yourself." Lilly spoke, but her words were unheard by the audience. Michael nodded to her before turning back around and marching for the table that was laid out on the stage. "Well we need to hear Ms. Lilly. So now Jackson, if you would please toss Lilly your microphone so we can hear her beautiful voice." The crowd gasped as a microphone flew through the air, sailing right for the magician's face. Michael barely even have a chance to turn around before Lilly's hand flew out and snagged it out of the hair, her fingers brushing the tip of his nose. The crowd was silent as Michael stared at the hand in front of him. "Well that was absolutely unexpected." The crowd applauded nervously as Lilly pulled the microphone back from his face. Jackson's sorry was barely heard over the applause and Michael waved it away. "Accidents happen, Jackson. And I did make the mistake of saying toss it to her. So Ms. Lilly-"