Chapter 20: The Woman with the Tattoos

"C'mon Lil!" Murray hollered, adjusting his shirt in the mirror.

"Let's go get our party on," Joe shouted, taping his foot from the door.

"The club isn't going anywhere," Lilly's voice came from her bathroom.

The flight to LA was calm and very uneventful, which everyone was grateful for. David had sent a driver, which Lilly knew, and they pair had chatted the entire ride to the hotel. The Four Seasons was situated in Beverly Hills and the group spent the evening catching up with David and Jackson as they ate and swam in the pool and relaxed. The next day, the Impractical Jokers practiced for their set the show Sunday night and Lilly talked business with David and Jackson and helped with last minute details for the season premier.

Jackson had suggested that they all go out that night; he wanted to show the four East Coast boys that LA could give them a good time. After some convincing from Lilly, they had all agreed to go together, despite their reservations. Joe and Murray had been tasked to snag Lilly for she had promised them that she knew the perfect club.

"Tell that to the two morons across the hall," Murray chuckled, flopping down on Lilly's king-sized bed.

"Dude," Joe motioned his friend into a sitting position. "Get off her bed."

"Why? It's comfy."

"You literally have the exact same bed across the hall."

"Not a king bed," Murray mumbled as he sat up, hearing the bathroom door open. "A queen always feels really small now."

"That is probably one of the most pretentious things I've heard you say," Lilly's voice floated in from behind Joe.

"Just wait Lil, he'll say a lot mo-..." Joe's voice trailed off in the middle of the word as he turned around and took Lilly in. He felt his eyes grow wide and his mouth drop, but he was frozen and couldn't help himself.

"What did I say about calling me Lil?" she said, unaware of Joe's face as she tugged at her shoes in the mirror.

"Don't do it unless yooooou," Murray's voice drew the end of the word into a drawl as he stood and took in Lilly for the first time. "Damn."

"What?" Lilly looked over at them. She took in their reactions and nervously tugged on her skirt. "You don't like it? This is what I usually wear out." In another drastic contrast, Lilly wore a tight, black, spandex top that clung to her chest before melting into a mesh midriff. Her bottom half was clad in a coral pink skirt that ended halfway up her thigh in an asymmetrical hem that made her legs look incredibly long before ending in a pair of laced up combat boots.

"It...it's great!" Murray said, recovering first by shaking his head. "You just...you have- "

"You're tatted," Joe said, breathing out the words in a shaky breath. Lilly's previously hidden left shoulder and back was littered in tattoos; colors popped out here and there amid jet black outlines. They could see through the mesh midriff of her top that she also had ink along her back and across her sides and hints of tattoos sprouted out from the edges of the skirt and the boots.

"Yeah?" she shifted uncomfortably. "You don't like tattoos? I can cover them up."

"I think they're fantastic," Murray said, scotching past Joe to inspect her art up close. "Wait until Q and Sal get a load of this."