20. "Good Die Young"

"They say the good die young where I'm from, the good die young where I'm from.
They say them youngins totin' guns where I'm from, a hundred round drum where I'm from"

Carter Giselle Santana

"What the fuck"

Shayaa picked the gun up from under his bed before walking out the room. I followed behind him hearing a car speed off and shots following afterwards.

It stopped and Shayaa ran out the house. I ran out and saw Nudy rushing in the house with his gun in his hand.

"Man them niggas fucking around, I'm finna kill all they ass !" He yelled as Lotto came behind him

"Man ion give a fuck no more" Lotto said

"Where Trey ?" I asked

They kept talking to Shayaa completely ignoring my questions. They kept yelling and cursing about offing everybody.

"Toodie !" Chevy yelled as I ran out the house

"Where Trey ?" I asked Harold as he stood with Eryn who was on the phone "Where my brother at ?"

I walked down the street already seeing people coming outside of their houses. My heart stopped as I saw Pablo holding Trey up, his white shirt now bloody Trey.

"Trey !" I ran over to him "You alright, where they hit you at ?"

"Shit in my shoulder" He groaned

"You gon' be fine" I told him as he grabbed my arm "I got you okay"

"That shit just in your shoulder lil bro, you gon' alright" Pablo told him

"Man this shit hurt" Trey leaned on me

"I don't know nothing about no fucking weapon, just bring y'all fucking ass on" Chevy said into the phone "Man my lil brother just got shot, stop asking me dumbass questions bitch"

"They pissing me off bruh, acting fucking stupid" Eryn threw her phone

"Toodie" Trey called me

"Huh ?"

"I love you man, don't forget that shit either" His eyes started getting glossy

"I love you too Trey, you ain't gon' leave me" I told him

"I ain't gon' never leave you"

It took the police a whole ten minutes to get her and Eryn started cursing them out. They taped off the area and put Trey in the ambulance.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we—"

"Bitch this my lil brother, I'm getting in this fucking truck" I pushed the police officer out of the way before I getting inside

They put the oxygen mask over his face as I wiped my face. He grabbed ahold of my hand and squeezed it the whole ride.

As soon as we got to the hospital, I called my mama and daddy. I knew they were scared because of course they didn't want to loose another son to gun violence.

"What happened Carter ?" Daddy walked inside not even 10 minutes later

"They were hanging outside and somebody started shooting at them" I told him as I put my head in my hands

Mya sat in my mothers lap as my she just stared dead at the wall. Eryn and the rest of them came afterwards, but no Shayaa, Lotto, or Nudy.

"Toodie"

I looked up seeing Camryn with a jacket on and some house slippers. She had a bonnet on her head and had tissues in one nostril, looking sick as fuck.

"Ew bitch, that shrimp got you fucked up" Eryn looked at her

"Hoe fuck you" She started laughing before she began coughing

She sat down next to me and grabbed my hand.

"Bitch I'm gonna use hella germ-x after this" I said leaning on her shoulder

"Shut the hell up lil girl"

We waited for more than three hours until a doctor finally came out. We all stood up and he took a deep breath before pushing his glasses up.

"Family of Treyvon Santana ?"

"Yes, we're here. Is my baby okay ? He's fine right ?" Mama asked

"I'm sorry. We tried everything that we could to stop the bleeding—"

I blocked him out and sat back down in the chair. My brother was fine, they were just lying to me. He was in that bed sitting up doing just fine.

"Fuck !" Pablo kicked a hole in the wall before walking out

My mother let out a loud scream and dropped to the ground. My daddy picked her up and held her in her arms as Mya stood there clueless.

Eryn grabbed her and pulled her into a hug, wiping the tears from her face.

"What's wrong Eryn ? Why is my mommy crying ?" Mya asked as she looked around seeing everyone crying

Eryn couldn't hold her cries in any longer and I couldn't stand to hear them crying anymore. I stood up out of my chair and walked past the doctors, looking for Trey.

He's fine Carter, he's just waiting for you in the room. He's laughing seeing how everyone thinks he's gained his wings. It's not his time.

I stopped at a room and saw multiple doctors surrounding a body. I caught a glimpse of their face and lost it seeing them cover him up with a white sheet.

"Take it off ! Take the fucking sheet off !" I banged on the door scaring them

"Ma'am" An officer grabbed me

"Let me go ! That's my brother, he's not dead !" I got out of his hold "Take that sheet off, he's not dead !"

"Carter"

"Daddy, tell them take the sheet off of him. He's not dead, he's alive !" I said once he reached me "Treys not gone, he didn't leave me !"

"Come on Carter" He wrapped his arms around me

"He's not gone, he said he would never leave me. He said he wouldn't leave me" I cried in his chest as we stood in the hallway