37."Surprisez"

"Do you like surprises ?"

Carter Giselle Santana

"You got everything you need ?"

"Yeah, are y'all bringing my last two bags ?"

"Yeah, now go ahead and start driving." Ma shooed me out of the front door

"Rudeness." I mumbled before walking over to my car

I put my bags in the backseat and hopped in the drivers. Today was move in day and I was more than excited to be on the next journey of my life.

My annoying ass cousin Iris decided to attend Clark too, and she's been blowing up my phone since 10 this morning. I blocked her number, but she ended up calling my damn mama.

I also was upset because I haven't heard from Eryn either. Her mom said she got into a fight and got sent to solitary confinement, but I didn't know if the shit was true or not.

"Toodie ! Hurry up and quit day dreaming girl !" Ma yelling snapped me out of my thoughts

"Lady." I mumbled rolling my eyes

I put my car in reverse and backed out of the driveway. I unlocked my phone and clicked shuffle, first song playing was "Woah" by Shayaa.

Although it was his first mixtape, it was more than good. The people in the streets were loving it, and a couple of his songs were playing on the radio. It was too bad he's in the situation he's in right now instead of celebrating.

The rest of the ride was smooth and I finally made it to campus. It was packed and people were walking around, smiling and laughing. A few of the sororities were out, yelling and representing.

"This shit is definitely different from high school." I said to myself

I leaned against my car drivers door and waited for my mother to pull up. I swear she drives like a granny, even when theres no cars on the road. She finally made it and I did a dramatic sigh.

"You drive so slow, my birthday might come even faster."

"Shut up lil girl."

We grabbed my bags and walked to where my room would be. I was housing in the traditional Bumstead hall which would hold a whole different varity of people.

"Ma, ignore it." I told her as I heard her phone ring

"Carter stop being mean to your cousin."

"I'm not being mean, she's annoying." I rolled my eyes

We walked in my hall and I went straight to my room. I was sharing a room with some girl and I hope she was gonna be easy to get along with.

"Oh my god, why the hell your bags so dang heavy." Ma threw my bags on the floor

"Well okay, throw my things on the ground why don't you." I stared at her

"Girl that shit was heavy, now come on so I can help you set up this room." She threw my comforter and pillows my way

"You are out of control." I eyed her before starting on my bed

It took us close to an hour and 15 minutes to get everything done the way I wanted it. My room turned out great and I got my bathroom together too.