Chapter 9

It was long after a half an hour before we piled back in the van to head back because Mal had plenty  clothes to model. However, when she was finally finished, we were all in high spirits and talking about the things we had bought.

Well, except for Michael and Calum. They were just talking about the leftover Chinese food. 

The van parked in the parking lot, and we ran through the big double doors, ignoring the disapproving looks from the manager. Everyone was laughing, except for Mallory, but even she had a smile on her face.

"Why am I so happy?" Luke asked, skipping down the hall.

"All you need now is a basket of flowers and you'll be complete." Calum told him. We all erupted into laughter as Luke pretended to throw flowers at our feet.

"Flowers for you, flowers for you...!"

We're so punk rock.

Ashton giggled his signature giggle that kills all the fangirls and held open the door. I walked in our room and grabbed the phone.

"I'm ordering pizza for dinner!" I shouted.

"YEAH!" I received a happy shout from all the guys.

"I'll just get a salad from downstairs. You should get one, too, Ashy." Mallory said.

Ashton shrugged and nodded.

I ordered us four extra-large pizzas because the boys ate like horses, scowling. Mallory had no say on what my brother ate. If he wanted pizza, he could eat a damn pizza. 

Not in Mallory's world.

No, stop that, Cam, don't let her ruin your good mood,  I told myself. 

We all collapsed on the couch, laughing and hitting each other playfully while we aited for the pizza. Calum was poking me, Luke pulled my hair (in a gentle, non-painful way), and Michael started tickling me.

"MICHAEL, NO!" I screamed. "NO TICKLING!"

"So you're ticklish?" He grinned, getting a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Like brother, like sister, I guess."

He started to tickle me mercilessly. I laughed, giggled, squealed, and shrieked, the whole time twisting and turning. I kicked at him with my feet and swatted at him with my hands. Michael grabbed my wrist to stop me from hitting him, his fingers accidentally digging into my cuts from yesterday.

"Ouch!" I cried, yanking away instinctively. 

Michael immediately released me. "Sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't meant to hurt you. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I muttered, backtracking so he wouldn't suspect anything. "I was just being a baby."

He gave me an odd look, nodding, but he didn't seem satisfied. 

When the pizza guy knocked on the door, I jumped up, eager for an excuse to get away from Michael observant eyes. I paid the guy and called, "Pizza!"

Luke, Calum, and Ashton were engaged in some kind of shin-kicking game, in which you kick each other as hard as you can, whoever cries out first being the looser. Mallory was pouting in a corner because Ash wasn't giving her his undivided attention. They all perked up at the sound of food.

Mallory tugged on Ashton's sleeve and shook her head firmly. "Come get a salad with me, baby."

"Okay." He nodded. 

They walked out of the room together, probably for some alone time rather than calling room service. 

Calum looked at their retreating backs and shook his head. "They're crazy."