Chapter 12

"Photoshoot today, sis." Calum told me, shaking me awake. "We're gonna stop and grab something to eat on the way there."

I pushed his hand away. "Nooooo... "

"Please? I'll be bored without you." He pouted.

Groaning dramatically, I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "Fine, fine, I'm coming. Where're everyone else?"

"They're in me, Michael, and Luke's room. We're waiting for you."

"Okay. Hop out for a sec so I can get dressed."

Calum smiled and left the room, allowing me to change into dark red skinny jeans, and a black T-shirt. I paired it with my converse and my black leather jacket, brushing my bangs to the side.

"I'm ready." I said, walking out of the room and meeting Calum in the hallway.

"You get ready quick. Mallory usually takes forver," said Calum.

"She likes to make sure that she looks nice." I shrugged. I didn't know why I was defending her, but I did.

Calum nodded and shrugged, opening the door to his room and calling, "I woke Camden up; we're ready to go!"

Ashton walked out, his fingers laced together with Mallory's, and used his free hand to rumple my hair. "Finally." He teased.

"C'mon, Bro-bro." I giggled. "You know I don't wake up well. Like, at all. Ever."

Luke grinned at me. "You ready to sit in a room with us for three hours and watch us get our pictures taken?"

I rolled my eyes and poked him in the ribs.

Michael said, "Can we get McDonald's?"

Mallory gasped.

"McDonald's? That place literally serves premature heart attacks in boxes!" She said.

If that's the case, I'll be having a heart attack by the time I'm twenty, I thought inwardly, rolling my eyes.

We walked outside and got in the van. I found myself sitting between Luke and Michael. Luke played with the ends of my hair while Mikey's fingertips ghosted along my wrist.

I pulled away from him. "Not in front of them." I whispered.

He nodded.

We stopped at Starbucks after a heated discussion about whether or not McDonald's would start a zombie apocalypse, and within ten minutes, we were at the shoot.

I had always thought that photoshoots were cool. There were a lot of fancy looking cameras, people bustling everywhere, props, and a big green-screen for the boys to stand in front of. Everything was very professional and neat looking.

"How long are we going to be here for?"

"Three hours, baby." Ashton said to Mallory.

"That's so long." She whined. "I'll get bored!"

"It isn't as long as some of the other shoots we've gone to- "

"Still. I wanna do something fun. Can we actually do something that isn't based on your career for once?" Mallory's lips pouted.

"Yeah, we can, as soon as this is over, okay? I promise." Ashton swallowed

"Okay." Mallory sighed.

I wanted to slap her. She wanted to do something that wasn't based on Ashton's career? We were on tour for his band. What did she expect, that her boyfriend would come on tour and not have to work?