Friends At The Skate Park & Money In The Sock Drawer

A month or so later

When I woke up and stumbled into the kitchen, Sabrina wasn’t there. I mentioned this to Alpha and he had a theory.

“She probably passed out after getting laid last night.” He grabs a bowl for cereal and I give him a look.

“What? Did you want a bowl too?” he asks me, a crinkle between his eyebrows.

“No! God, did you just talk about your mother getting laid last night?” I admit I freaked out on him a little too hard, but his reaction was just weird.

“Yeah. Zurie, look, she just got out of jail. I wouldn’t past her to go get some last night.” He smirks at me, enjoying the horrified look on my face. But after I think about it for a few seconds, I don’t find it too weird that Alpha says that.

I tried to go around him to get to the milk but he was in the way. He was bent over looking in the fridge, and while I was waiting for him to move I accidently checked him out again He was wearing black plaid pajama pants and no shirt; I could see his tanned back with a couple dark colored freckles on it.  I felt disgusting for looking, so I moved my eyes to the floor.

“Will you move already? I want some milk.” I glare at him as he backs up from the fridge with the jug in his hands.

“Oh, you mean this milk?” he takes the cap off and takes a few gulps from it. I grimace, suddenly not hungry anymore. I advert my gaze to the backyard and notice that it’s sunny, no clouds. It was ten in the morning and it looked like midday, I smiled at it, it was great to be back in Reno.

“Here you go.” He hands me the jug of milk and I immediately put it back in the fridge.

 “Is there anything to do here? I don’t want to hang around here all day with you.”  I basically whine at him, maybe there’s a hangout where everybody interesting hangs.

“I’m deeply offended.” He puts a hand over his heart and tries for a pout. When I glare at him, he rolls his eyes and changes his answer. “Well, there’s this skate park that nobody really skates at anymore. It’s a couple of blocks away. You could walk there.” He obviously didn’t want to give me a ride, but I didn’t care, as long as there were other people.

“Sure, write me down directions and I’ll go get dressed!” I was excited to meet the kind of people that lived around this neighborhood, not that it was much different then what I was used to. I went to the bathroom to go shower, after that I threw on short shorts, black beat up converse, and a white tank top with flowers on it. My hair dried wavy and I felt like I could make a good first impression.

I went back out to see Alpha right where I left him, he was eating a pop tart now and had a piece of paper in front of him. “Here, hopefully you can read it.” He was smirking as he looked over my outfit. I tried not to notice how attractive he was, even while eating a pop tart. Snap out of it, I scolded myself.

I decide to bring sarcasm into this situation, which fixes everything. “Do you have a staring problem? Jealous because I look better in short shorts then you?” I tried not to laugh and succeeded, he snorted out a no before he ran off to his room.

I decided it was time to go; it was noon when I checked the clock. Hopefully I wouldn’t see Sabrina around town or anything, and hopefully nobody would link me to her. The sun was beating down; it was high in the sky. I saw kids running around down the street; I put my cheap sunglasses on and felt much better. I hoped to meet somebody great here.

After getting lost two times and almost walking into the street once by accident, I found the place. It wasn’t so public so that’s probably why it was so difficult for me to find, but at least I made it. I didn’t have a cell phone or a watch so I didn’t know what time it was. I saw a group of four people sitting there, two guys and two girls. One of the guys had a cigarette in his mouth and a beanie on his head; the other guy was just sitting there and drawing. One of the girls was in a blue mini skirt and a pink v-neck, the other girl was wearing a deep green sundress and had her hair up in a ponytail. She looked like she belonged at sea; it was kind of peaceful actually.