The End

“Matt, I told you not to come over-“ Isaac stops himself and grins. “My bad, want to come in?”

I feel everything but normal right now, but I can’t resist the use of sarcasm. “Actually, Isaac, I was planning on staying out here all night. I mean I guess your couch would be comfier to sleep on. But I’m just not feeling it.”

Isaac’s eyes show he’s amused and he opens the door wider and walks off, expecting me to follow him. “I almost forgot how funny you can be, Zurie.”

“Well, how else am I going to charm everybody? Certainly not by my good looks.” I flip my hair dramatically and we both laugh at it. When it gets silent, I find it’s a little awkward.

“You wouldn’t just come over without reason. What’s bugging you?” he asks, and I find it weird how he could pinpoint that I had a motive. I don’t think I’m easy to read, he’s probably just good at reading people.

“Come on, we can go up to my room.” he turns half way to walk up the stairs and I hesitate, remembering when we kissed.

“I won’t try anything, I promise. It’s just private up there and my siblings are sleeping.” I look towards the living room and notice I did indeed walk in on nap time. I smile as I walk up the stairs, a nap sounds great right about now. Isaac opens the door that goes right off the staircase. The first thing I notice in the room is how there’s people everywhere. Not like breathing, living humans. But ones he drew, and it’s like a big comic book. They are all in different places. They’re different races, hair color, size, and shape.

“That’s impressive.” I can’t help but tell him, and he deserves it. I wonder how long it took him to draw this.

“Thanks.” He smiles and rests his hands on a little Asian baby. “This room looked boring and I wanted to do something other than just paint it, so I started drawing people.”

“They’re really cool, you can look at these walls for hours.” My eyes flicker to all of them, memorizing certain features. Some have scars, some don’t. Some have just one eye, natural deformities.

“As fascinated as you are, I’m sure that’s not why you came.” Isaac makes a motion to the bed while he gets comfy sitting on the floor. I almost feel bad, but I admire him for putting my comfort first.

“You can um, sit next to me. If you want. I’d feel bad if you were just sitting on the floor while I was all comfy on your bed.” I bounce a little, as if to prove to him that his bed is comfy when he probably knows that already. I can’t help but blush, to me it sounds like I’m trying to make a move on him.

“Um, sure. Whatever makes you feel better.” He gets up and moves to a spot next to me, but not too close at all. “So what do you want to talk about?”

“I know I said I’d wait, but I need to know what you were going to tell me. If it’s about Alpha, I’ll believe anything. The scariest thing just happened . . . “ I told him about everything that happened in the Haus household. Including the part where I locked lips with Alpha, even though I saw him shudder a little bit at that part. I think he was just as relieved as I was when he heard that Alpha was just my cousin, which was still creepy but not as bad.

“So you want me to tell you what I know about Alpha?” he sums up, and it sounds pretty simple to me. But from the expression on his face, it wasn’t so easy. I take his hand in mine.

“Please, I’m actually begging you here. I never beg, for anything. I won’t run out of here like an idiot without all the details, I promise I’ll listen to everything without interrupting.” He looks conflicted, but finally nods. He squeezes my hand in his as he starts the story.