Chapter 3

Your P.O.V

As we step inside, I am greeted with an overwhelming scent of chocolate and the sounds of video games... "MarshMello and Gameboy!" I cheer, running past my brother and Xander to where the boys are. I jump on Mello's back making him stumble forward slightly, so I stick my head over his right shoulder and take a bite of his chocolate "Nom!". I hear Matt chuckle slightly but MarshMello just freezes, with me still on his back. The blonde just looks at his chocolate bar, then turns his head ever so slowly to see who just touched his precious confectionery. "MarshMello!!" I cheer once more, 'booping' his nose and sliding off his back! "Gameboy!!" I sing, pulling the other boy into a bear hug. "Hey little Diamond!" Matt greets, ruffling my hair with one hand but still playing his game with the other, a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, yet Mello doesn't seem so pleased with me... Oops!

"Hheeeyyy! Matt you can't call me that anymore! 1. I am 18 and 2. We are nearly the same height!" I pout, folding my arms and pushing out my bottom lip, "Ah, you wish. You're still a good few inches from being my height little one!" I huff in a playful way and waltz back over to Lucas, linking his arm in my own. "He hasn't even turned around to see us!" I whisper yell to 'Heart', gesturing toward the slouched over boy all in white. Quite a ghostly look if I'm honest. "Near." I call in a serious tone, taking a step infront of Lucas in a protective manner, "I know why you brought us here. And I have to say, I'm quite... Flattered if I'm 100% honest." "Ehehehe. That's not what you were saying in the car!" the Shinigami chuckles. Ignoring him, again, I smirk when the word 'flattered' leaves my lips, looking down to the ground, allowing part of my (h/c) hair to fall in my face. "Aren't we?!" I smile back to Xander and Lucas, who both just raise an eyebrow at me.

I stroll up to beside Near, and step into his little circle as he is surrounded by a train track, 'I guess some things never change.' "Did you really think we were dumb enough to NOT figure your little plan out straight away?!" I sigh, sitting next to him. The pale boy just twirls one of his locks with his finger, staring straight ahead. The four others just watch, well at least I think they're watching but who even cares, behind us. "It's quite obvious that the 'great successor to L' and the 'amazing person who brought down Kira' wouldn't need help from us run-away's on such an intriguing case. I bet you could solve it in a week!" My tone bursting with sarcasm as I play with my knife by my side, 'Hm. I'm surprised that no one has taken this from me yet. It could be seen as a threat and all.'

"We're your prime suspects aren't we Near?" I speak, my voice mimicking his as I flick the 'Ace of Diamonds' card that was lying on the floor next to me, around the room. "And as I said before. We are truly flattered that you think we are capable of such a tremendously planned out killing spree!" Standing up, I push one of his trains around the track. 'Yup. Totally over you Near... Senpai! Damn it! Okay maybe I'm not... GAH! DAMN YOU FEELINGS!!' I yell on my mind "That's were your deductions are incorrect Diamond." the 'albino' boy speaks in his usual unentertaining tone. "How so?" I ask, stopping and looking over my shoulder slightly, curiosity lacing my voice. "I do suspect you all, however for Club and Heart, the possibility of them being the killer is around 4%, as for Spade, around 6%. But you, Diamond, the possibility of you committing the killings is more or less 11%."

Listening to his words, my eyebrow twitches slightly but soon enough I burst into a fit of laughter. "Oh come on sheep boy! As if I would kill anyone! That takes too much effort! I'd rather just be eating (f/f) and watching (f/show) then committing murders!" I jump out of the train-track circle, and glide past Ryuk who is laughing at our encounter. "So this is why you didn't want to see him, huh?" the Shinigami chuckles, following me as I head for the door.

"Well it's been fun boys but- HEY!" I yell once I realise Mello has grabbed my precious backpack that I left by the door! "Give that back blondey!" I demand, about to tackle him to the floor! "Would you shut the f**k up for a minute Diamond! I'm just checking for something!" the boy growls, sending me a sharp glare as he unzips my bag! "You're not supposed to look through a woman's bag, Mello! That's just common knowledge!" Rolling his eyes, he just pulls the zip all the way open, to which he is greeted by... The. Little. Black. Book. 'F**k you Ryuk!' I scream in my head.

"GAH!" MarshMello bellows, launching my bag across the room, pulling out his gun and aiming it at me, to which Lucas steps infront of me even though he is shaking. Nibbling on his cuff, my brother says "Mello, please calm down and don't aim your gun at my sister. And don't forget Diamond, Club and I are all trained in weaponry and hand-to-hand combat, so right now off the top of my head, I can think of 13 different ways to disarm you and put you on the other end of the gun. So, think about this rationally." 'Damn Lucas! My cutesy but bad-ass bro!' Xander joins in, also stepping infront of me, but for a different reason. It's so he can tidy up Mello's chocolate wrapper tower. However he does join in Lucas' speech. "Heart is right. If I was you Mello, I'd put that away before anyone gets hurt and tell us what's the problem."

The chocolate addict reluctantly puts his gun back, and speaks up, glaring at me. "The b*tch has a death note." "Erm. Excuse me mister. Did you just call me b*tch?!"