04.

//04.

Kylie.

The nurses ran into room, along with the doctors, as I stood speechless by Jason’s door. Some of them held Jason down to the bed, while others did something with his IV drip.

“Kylie?” a voice behind me spoke out. I turned around to reveal Ralph’s face. I started to tear up. He wrapped his arm around my waist as I hugged him tightly from the side. I cried into his shoulder quietly, letting most of it pour out, as we both watched Jason in terror.

Just then, the machine next to Jason’s bed started to go flat.

Jason!” I screamed out. The nurses put clear tubes into Jason’s nose, as the doctors grabbed a little box that was hooked up to paddles. They rubbed the paddles together furiously.

Clear!” one of the doctors yelled out as they placed the paddles down onto Jason’s bare chest. His chest shot up quickly and went back down.

Ralph put his arm around my head so I couldn’t see Jason any longer. I didn’t mind. I don’t want this to happen to Jason..I just want him to be okay.

“Clear!” the doctor shouted again. I had no idea what was going on right now. All I can see is Ralph’s leather jacket.

After a few more clears, I heard Jason’s machine beep again. I looked up from Ralph’s jacket, and I looked at Jason. For the first time since, I’ve met him, he looked peaceful. After being brought back to life by paddles, you wouldn’t look all that peaceful. But he did.

“Kylie, are you okay?” Ralph asked me. I looked up at him and nodded slightly, then turned my head back to Jason.

Most of the nurses and doctor stayed by Jason, but one nurse came to talk to Ralph and I.

“What happened? Is he okay?” I looked up at the nurse. “He had a seizure, and it killed him. But thankfully, we brought him back,” she started. Then she looked over at Ralph. “He’ll be up in just a few minutes, I’m sure. But be carefully, go easy on him. We don’t want this to happen because next time, it could be permanent.”

After about 20 minutes of nurses going in and out, it stopped. There was only one last doctor inside.

“Do you think I’m aloud in?” I pondered, looking up at Ralph. “Yeah, I’ll stay out here.” he assured me. I nodded my head and walked into Jason’s room.

The only thing I could see was the belts that held Jason to the bed were now on the ground. Then I saw “it”. Jason was struggling to hold the doctors arm away from his IV drip. In the doctor’s hand, he held a needle with a light green liquid inside.

“Ralph!” I yelled out while Jason was still struggling to get away from Jason.

Just a few moments after I called Ralph’s name, he came running into the room. Before I could tell him what was happening, he caught onto it pretty quickly.

Without a second to spare, Ralph gripped the back of the doctors sky blue uniform and threw him back into the wall. He threw a punch, hitting the man in the jaw. I couldn’t really see who the man was, because he was wearing a surgery mask.

“Kylie, get Jason out of here. Go outside, find the van, lock all the doors, and stay in it until I’m back.” he ordered, tossing me the keys. He switched his back to the man.

I ran over to Jason and put his arm around me, then stood him up. I grabbed his side and started to walk quickly out of the hospital. Doctors and nurses were giving us looks, even some patients, but I didn’t give two single shits.

I shoved the hospital doors open and walked down the concrete stairs that led to the parking lot. I stopped at the last stair and looked around for the van.

“Do you see it?” I spoke as I looked up at Jason. He paused for a brief moment and lifted up his arm weakly. He pointed to the left of us and I looked over to see the maroon van. I speed-walked over to it and unlocked the passenger side. I put Jason in carefully and shut the door.

I walked quickly over to the drivers side and opened the door. I got in and locked all the doors. I looked over at Jason, then frowned.

“I remember,” Jason with little to no emotion in his voice at all. “I remember it all. At least, I think so. I remember meeting you, and then hating you, bumping into MacAvoy..All the times that he’s tried to kill you, when I pushed him off you in the hotel room, when I left and-” he stopped. He brushed the small tear that was rolling down my cheek with his thumb gently. “I’m sorry, please don’t cry.” “Jason, they’re happy tears.” I sniffled as I held onto his right hand.

He nodded his head and looked at me.
“I’m so sorry that I left you,” he sighed. “Jase, don’t be. I know you just did it to protect me. I love you.” I whispered. “Can I tell you something?” he asked. I nodded my head slowly.

“I know I’ve never said this to you before, but you’re my one and only. You’re my better half. I’d go through all of it again if it meant being by your side forever. All the fights, the challenges, it’s what makes us..us. I’d go through a million Michale’s and MacAvoy’s. To be one hundred percent honest with you, you’ll never love yourself half as much as I love you. I promise to love you forever, every single day I live.”

I could tell, that Jason used every single word he just said carefully and thought it through. Everything he just said to me..That’s a reason to keep living.

“And I know, things haven’t been going the way we wanted it to go. But I promise. I’m back now, for good. I’ll protect you with my life, and I’ll never, ever, leave you again. You are my reminder, of why I should be happy. There hasn’t been a day that’s gone by that I didn’t think of you. You were, and still are, the center of my world. Even if I didn’t want to admit it. You’re my all, baby. I know, I’m not the nicest, generous, or caring person on the plant..but I’ll promise you this. I promise to love you forever, every single day that I live. I can’t promise you a relationship like in the movies. But what I can promise you, is my heart. It’s yours. Always. But promise me one thing,” he paused for a moment to look down at my watery eyes. “Anything.” I told him. He held out his pinky finger.

“I realize that I start loving you more and more each day. I promise, I’ll treat you exactly how you deserve to be treated. Like a Queen. My Queen. Not everything turns out the way we want, babygirl. But we have our love to carry us through. Don’t ever let anyone take that from us. Promise me.” he begged. I nodded and wrapped my small pinky around his, and shook it.

“I promise, I’ll never let anyone take that from us. You’ve helped me in more ways than you know. I just want to thank you, for everything. I love you.

We both leaned in, and our lips met one anothers. It was a feeling that I haven’t felt in a year. I didn’t want it to end. But, it did.

A large arm smashed through the window and grabbed Jason’s head. The arm pulled him out of the car, and all I heard was a thump. “Jason!