10.

//10.

Kylie.

I woke up with bright lights beaming onto my face, and a sharp pain in my stomach. I tried sitting up, but it was no use. A heavy hand pushed me back down gently.

“Stay down,” the voice said. I opened my eyes, only to see Jason standing by my side. I furrowed my eyebrows. “You’re in the hospital.”

I tilted my head and continued to gaze at him, until it hit me. I was in labor.

“Where’s the baby?” I spoke as I tried to shoot up again. He pushed me back down, and shook his head slowly.

“She didn’t make it.”

She didn’t make it.

I shook my head quickly and pushed his arm out of the way, flipping the covers off my body. I placed my hand on my stomach, and winced. Flat.

“I’m sorry.” Jason said. I shook my head again, and stood up slowly. I gripping my stomach, ignoring the pain shooting throughout my body.

“No, she’s not.” I spoke hoarsely. I started walking out of the room slowly, but a hand clamped down onto my wrist, pulling me back gently. I flinched.

Jason lifted me into his arms gently and walked back over to the hospital bed, laying me down. I pulled the covers over myself slowly, and crossed my arms along my chest.

“Why would you lie to me?” I asked. Jason tilted his head. “She’s not dead. Lucas was driving me here, I was in the middle of labor.”

“She is dead, Kylie.” I shook my head quickly. “You’re right, Lucas was taking you to the hospital.. but..” he trailed off. I nodded my head toward him, motioning for him to continue.

“I called a hit on Lucas, not knowing you were in labor. Did a few men come by, and snatch Lucas?” he asked. I nodded my head.

“Fuck.” Jason mumbled. He ran his fingertips through his hair and tugged on the end of it, as he squeezed his eyes shut. The pain sunk into him already, I think, for the baby. But I haven’t felt anything yet.

Then, I finally realized something.

You!” I hissed. I scooted away from him on the bed, letting one foot on the floor. I clutched the hospital blanket to my chest. “You’re the reason she’s dead! You called the hit on Lucas, and they took him! I ran, and fell.. She would have been fine!”

“I had no idea, Kylie..” he trailed off. I shook my head, feeling hot tears threaten to fall.

You called a hit on my brother. You killed my daughter,” I started. I stared at him, before speaking again. “Whether she was John’s baby or not, she was mine, too!”

Jason shook his head again. “I had no fucking idea, Kylie,” he started. Before I could open my mouth to speak, his hand was over my mouth. I looked at him. “Stop.”

I wanted to decide against him, but my stomach was hurting like hell. I nodded.

“Just, lay down. I’ll go sign the paperwork.” he said, no emotion in his voice. I shoved his hand away from me and layed down, shoving my face into the pillow.

“Don’t come back.” I mumbled into it. I think he heard me, because the door to my room slammed shut.

I gripped the pillow tightly and squeezed my eyes shut. I let the hot tears roll down my cheeks, and I let out a sob.