Chapter Thirteen

NANG makarating sila sa aisle ay bumulong ang binata sa kanya.

" You are the most pretty and lovely bride I've ever seen, my mermaid." bulong nito.

" You look so handsome also my groom, Dugong." biro niya.

Nangunot noo nito.

" The heck? Dugong who?" takang tanong nito.

Ngumiti lang siya at hindi na sumagot dahil nagsimula nang magsalita si Father.

" We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decision
to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly
declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this
commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover,
companion, and friend. A good and balanced relationship is one in
which neither person is overpowered nor absorbed by the other, one
in which neither person is possessive of the other, one in which
both give their love freely and without jealousy. Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams. It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish." panimula ng Pari.

" Who gives this woman to be married to this man?"

" She gives herself with the blessings of her Mother and Father." sagot ng Dad niya.

Nagpatuloy ang maikling seremonyas hanggang sa dumako sila sa wedding vows.

Kinuha ni Jeihard ang isang kamay niya. Tumingin ito sa mga mata niya saka ngumiti muna bago nagsalita.

" My Megan, I would like to tell you that today you made me the most happiest guy on earth by deciding to spend every day of your life with me." he started.

Tiningnan niya ang gwapong mukha nito. Para siyang nananaginip lamang. Pero totoong-totoo ang mga nangyayari ngayon. He was really here declaring his love infront of their closest family and friends.

" I can't believe that I am here infront of you right now and that we are in the middle of our wedding ceremony. It felt like a dream come true having you here today. When I look back my life eleven years ago. I see myself watching this beautiful lady from a far chatting with my sister. I just told you recently that I do like you since you were in high school. But I was kinda shy to show that I like you. Because you are my sister's best friend and I am older than you. Until years passed and you've changed. The innocent girl that I used to admire turned into someone liberated. I started to feel annoyed with your actions since then. The college life really changed your personality. I watched you keep changing boyfriends over the years. See you wearing all those sexy outfits and putting all these make up and conjuring to your face."

" Hey, its not conjuring. Its contouring. Contour." tumatawang sabi niya. Nagtawanan rin ang ilang bisita.

" Whatever." he said smiling and then he continues again.

" I always feel annoy everytime I see you before wearing sexy outfit. And with all your too much make up in your face. Even hearing you talking about your new boyfriend can ruin my day. I thought my feelings for you disappeared after you've changed. But then again I think it really didnt go away. Because when I got the chance to become closer to you and know you better. I felt like you woke up this special spot on my heart that always belongs to you. Maybe the reason why I got so annoyed to you before is because I lost this special girl who secretly drives me crazy. And I was so frustrated that I couldn't do anything by then to bring back the simple and innocent side of you. But then I'm thankful after so many years I finally got the chance to know you. I may have been rude to you at first but the truth behind that is just I was too scared that I might fall for you again. Without knowing that my feelings never really go after all these years."