chapter 8

the next morning...

reader pov

"more inmates? we just got four yesterday. why are we already getting more?" i asked. the guard just shrugged. "apparently they were all involved in some huge drug bust. pretty deep in the underworld so there were bodies EVERYWHERE. pretty intense," he said. we walked into the gate of hell for all baddies. he handed me my clipboard. "see ya later, chief," i just waved and he was off. i looked at the new guys. tall buff guy with green hair, shorter slim muscular guy with bald head and weird make up, and a tall slim muscular guy who was for some reason wearing sunglasses. what the hell? this place isn't bright enough to need glasses. i looked at the list. "when i call your name, you will answer with a clear 'yes'. Orga Nanagear," i said. "here," a low grunt from the green haired guy. "ikkaku Madarame," i said. "yeah," grunted the baldy. "doflamingo Donquixote," i said. "call me doffy," said the blondie with glasses. his voice had a hint of playful seriousness if that makes any sense at all. "good. call me rick. i run this prison. we will get along just fine if you follow the rules like you are susposed too. ill let your cell mates fill you in on how we run things here. for now, you will wait in your cell till i come and get you for your exam. (three random names)!" i called. there were footsteps. they popped their heads inside. "orga to block A cell 22, ikkaku to block C cell 16, and doffy to block B cell 28," i said. they nodded and led them out. i sighed. why are they sending me more inmates? they better be glad i still have room for them or id have to reject them. now...i need to chat with Halilbel, the girls prison guard chief, to see what we can do about the wall dividing our sides. after that, ill take care of the new guys. i headed out.

laxus pov

i was sitting on the bottom bunk, gajeel having left a few minutes ago to find some sex, and had found a magazine to read to past the time. i still couldn't take rick's advice and 'take care of gajeel' so i didn't really have anyone to talk to. he hardly comes by and when he does, its a quick rush through inspection so he can avoid gajeel. its quite bothersome. "hey..." i heard a low grunt of a guy. i looked over to see a guy with long green hair standing at my cell door...in handcuffs. "you know who the biggest baddest guy here is?" he grunted. "you should get back to your cell and wait till rick comes and gets you. it wont be good if you aren't there," i said, returning my attention to my magazine. "i dont care about some guard. i wanna know who the biggest guy around here is and from the looks of it, that is you," he said, entering my cell. he took a seat next to me. "im serious. i insist you get back to your cell or else-" "or else what? whatcha gonna do to me?" he glared at me. "im not gonna do anything to you. its rick you should be worried about," i said. he busted out laughing. "that prison chief guard guy? dude, i can take a tazer and one of them flimsy batons that those guys carry. i can take him. what i wanna know is who do i need to beat down to now worry about stuff going on in the showers. i aint into all that gay shit," he said. "i doubt you would have a problem with anyone," i said. "oh, so you aint gonna be trying to fuck my ass or nothing, right? cause i can fight," he held up his hands. "no. you should really get back to your cell or rick will get mad," i insisted. "hey, you know any guys who can....you know, take care of me? i aint gay but i need some attention for my time here," he said. "i only know of three gay guys. this green haired guy named zoro, my cellmate named gajeel, and rick. im sure if you ask them, they will help you out, now will you please return to your cell? id hate to see rick mad," i said. he chuckled. "you really seem scared of this rick guy. whats the big idea with him?" he asked. "i only know what other guys have told me. they say that whenever rick is mad, it dont matter how big you are, he can take you: whenever, wherever, however, and id hate for new guys like us to experience that so i insist you head back to your cell," i said. he busted out laughing again. "apparently rick is the biggest baddest guy here. ill make him my bitch then ill run this prison. thanks for the info....you. shit, i never got your name," he said. "laxus," i deadpanned. he chuckled, holding out his hand. "im orga. im sure we can be buddies. i need to surround myself with some big dudes," he said as he shook my hand. hmm...i could see a benefit with that. "its not many of us big guys in this block. you will have to talk to some of the other guys in other blocks," i said. he was grinning. "i like you, laxus. i want you to be my right hand man," he said. i shrugged. "after i finish taking care of rick, we can start fucking shit up," he chuckled as he got up. he walked out. i sighed. im pretty indifferent with rick right now so im curious if he is all bark and no bite or not. guess ill see in a little while.