Chapter2

Chloe had never felt as awful as when she couldn't meet Beca's eyes. She had actually quite liked Beca's addition to their set. It had worked really well, but she didn't have the courage to meet Beca's eyes and read the help that they would have sought there. She also couldn't stand to see the heartbreak that was written on Beca's face. But she had heard it when Beca spoke, her voice full of emotion.

When Beca had stormed out, Chloe had turned to Aubrey to see the blonde with a pained look in her eyes. Chloe was the only one who knew that Aubrey didn't hate the small brunette. In fact, all of her quips amused the blonde greatly and seeing Beca that upset had made Aubrey gut twist. Not in the way that signalled that she was about to vomit, but in the way where she knew that she had done something awful. She thought that that was worse. But, she was her father's daughter and her pride did not allow her to relent on her decision. That was just an inner battle that she could only face alone.

Chloe saw Benji enter after having chased Beca. She approached him.

"Hey Benji, did you manage to catch Beca?" Benji looked up and wasn't ignorant to the hope that filled Chloe's voice.

His face fell, "no. I'm sorry. She hailed a cab straight away and I couldn't catch her." He looked apologetically at Chloe before excusing himself to continue helping backstage at the regionals.

Chloe sighed and followed the rest of the Bellas to wait for the results. They all knew that when against the Treblemakers and the Footnotes that they didn't stand a chance. As the Treblemakers finished their set and the results were announced, the Bellas turned and left having placed third in the competition.

They were silent as they climbed into the bus. There was nothing to say anymore. They had lost. They were out of the competition. They were all thinking the same thing. Beca had tried to help them. They had abandoned her. They knew that if Aubrey had loosened the reins a little and let Beca get involved then they wouldn't be out of the competition.

Chloe was already planning on going straight to Beca's dorm and apologising the minute that they got back to Barden. Her hear ached with the thought that the small brunette would be angry at her. Even though she knew that she deserved it. The redhead looked around the bus and saw the same thoughtful look on most of the Bellas' faces. It appeared that she wouldn't be the only one seeing Beca that night.

The silence gave Chloe some time to think about the small DJ. She didn't understand her feelings towards the other girl. She had always been open with her sexuality, having no preferences and believing that love came in any form. Sure she fooled around with guys but that was just an urges thing. The small alt-girl never failed to amaze the redhead and she wasn't ignorant to how her heartbeat would speed up whenever she caught Beca's stormy blue eyes, or how she would break out into a hot flush when she caught one of Beca's sidelong glances directed at her. Right from the activities fair she had been drawn to the younger girl and seeing her in the shower singing her ladyjam just made her want her more. Chloe wondered if it was just an urges thing that she had with Beca. She wanted to believe it was but the feeling in her chest after having watched Beca walk away made it clear. She was falling for the brunette.