Chapter 2

"Here we are!" My mom squeals as we pull into the campus. It looks just as great in person as it did in the brochures and online. The buildings are old but elegant at the same time. The size of the campus is intimidating but hopefully after a few weeks I will feel at home. The orientation is short and I sit alone, my usual forte. A seemingly nice middle aged woman gives me my dorm key and sends me on my way. I already feel more freedom than I have in the last eighteen years.

"I want to see your dorm room before I go honey. I just can't believe you are in college! My only son, a college student, living on his own. I just can't believe it." She whines and wipes her eyes, careful to not mess up her makeup. Lauren follows us, as i carry my bags.

"It's B22.. we are in C hall." I tell them. Luckily, I see a large B painted on the wall. "Down here" I instruct and they follow. Good thing I only brought a few clothes, a blanket, and some of my favorite books along so I don't have too much to carry.

"B22" My mom huffs. She wore way too high of heels for the long walk we had just endured. I slide the key into the old wooden door, it creaks open and my mom gasps. The room is small, with two tiny beds and two desks. My eyes travel to the reason my mom gasped. One side of the room is covered in music posters, mostly bands I have never heard of, the faces on them covered in piercings and tattoos. The boy laying across the bed has bright red hair, eyes lined with what looks like inches of black guyliner, and his arms are covered in tattoos.

"Hey." he says and offers a smile. His smile is quite intriguing, much to my surprise. "I'm Zayn" he says and sits up.

"h..hey.. I'm Louis" I choke. he laughs a little and stands up.

"Welcome to WSU, where the dorms are tiny and the parties are huge."

his head falls back into a fit of laughter. My moms mouth hangs wide open and Lauren shifts uncomfortably. Zayn walks over, closing the gap between us and hugs me. I am taken aback by his affection but I hug him back. There is a knock at the door as I drop my bags onto the floor.

"Come in!" My new roommate yells. The door opens and two boys walk inside. They were also filled with tattoos and piercings. Maybe WSU was a bad decision. My mom looks like she is going to pass out any minute.

"Hey, you Zayn's roomie?" The blonde boy asks. He doesn't have as many tattoos as the other boy, but he has them.

"Um.. yea. My name is Louis." I manage to say.

"I'm Niall, you will love it here" He says with a smile. His smile is warm and inviting despite his harsh appearance.

"I'm ready" Zayn says. My eyes shift to the brown haired boy. His hair is a mop of curls on his head, pushed back off of his forehead and he has metal in his eyebrow and lip. My eyes move down his black t-shirt to his arms which are covered in tattoos as well. I expect him to introduce himself but he doesn't. He definitely isn't as friendly as his blonde friend. 

"See you around Louis." Niall says and the three of them exit the room.

"You are getting a new dorm!' My mother yells as soon as the door closes.

"No, I can't. Its fine mom, I'm sure he wont be around anyway."

"Absolutely not, we are going to switch now. You will not be in a room with someone who allows guys like that into his room, those punks at that!" She says.   

"Mom.. please.. let's just see how it goes. Please." I beg and she sighs.

"Fine." she spits, much to my surprise.

A/N : okay so i won't update until i get 10 votes and 4 comments? bc i really want to know if you guys like it. And um this chap was dedicated to fany16_ bc she's my first follower yay.