Chpt. 3

Tom sprang from his messy bed feeling as if it was not safe to be in it anymore. The only place on Earth he knew and trusted. He ignored the thought seeing as how he was already starting to forget the dream and headed for the door, careful to not step in the not-yet-dry spot of alcohol on his carpet. This'd better be good. He thought.

Sure enough Tom had opened the door to a wide eyed and friendly Matt. Edd seemed to be trying to suck his soul back into his body from running up the stairs. He looked as if he were about to toss his stomach out. "Edd you know theres an elevator right?" Tom said trying to hold a straight face.

"Matt pressed all the buttons so decided to get out while I still could." He wheezed in response.

As if nothing happened, Matt made his way into Toms apartment. Tom didnt mind. He enjoyed having his closest friends around. Even if his place was a mess.

"So what brought you guys here?" Tom asked, letting Edd scamper in before closing the door. Edd plopped onto the squeaky couch next to Matt.

Tom walked into the kitchen and waited for an answer. He opened the refrigerator door and peered into the cold cave. It was disgusting. Half empty chinese leftover boxes stacked on top of each other like a crumbling pyramid, daring to tip over their own filth. He reached to the very back and fumbled for two miniature water bottles.

Edd cleared his throat. He caught the water bottle Tom tossed to him and looked down at it.  Either he was thinking about what to say or he was disappointed that it wasn't Cola. "Well," he started nervously, "We think someone's been following us... Or at least trying to get close to you."

Tom stopped. He didn't know what to make of this new information. Who's following us and what do they want?  The possibilities scared him with every new option. Reporters? Crazy people? Murderers? That's when his latest nightmare came back to haunt him once more. He could feel his face get cold and his neck burn. Could it be Tord?

"Tom?"

Edd waved his hands trying to get Tom's attention. Color flooded back into the eyeless boy's face. He flashed a smile, trying his best not to make his friends suspicious of his worries.

"We're afraid it might be Tord." Edd said flatly.

And the whole world caved in again.

(sorry these chapters are really short. I haven't been able to write a lot because school crap ._. but tell me what you think! :3)