Chpt.5

Crash

Tinted shards of glass flew in every direction. Careful not to be impaled Edd and Matt jumped out of the way. They stared at their new hell of a situation. Tom breathed heavily. Each exhale switched him in and out of sanity. "What was that?!" Edd shouted daring the boy to fight him.

    "Tom you could have hurt someone!" Matt added.

Tom blinked once more before realizing what he had just done. He stepped back and looked at his mess. This was something... new. Giving an agitated sigh, he grabbed the half empty bottle that used to neighbor the broken pieces shimmering on the ground. He stepped around the shards and headed towards his room. His friends watched. Confused. They knew the news wasn't so great but what the hell was that.

Susan, a simple yet beautiful instrument, sat propped up against the wall. Sunlight seeped in through the window's blinds putting her in spotlight. Where she always belonged. Maybe this would help soothe Tom. He picked up Susan from the neck and flipped the checkered strap over his head. The notes played. He freestyled his words on these strings and ignored everything else.

Matt and Edd stood a few feet from the door. They heard the music and knew this was going to take a while. Whenever Tom got like this, the other boys would need to give him some space. Or you know. Something bad would happen. Edd sighed, "Well at least we won't see Tord any time soon."

Matt nodded and headed towards the kitchen. He opened the fridge to find that absolutely nothing was edible. Edd walked around the living room as Matt continued rummaging through cabinets. He crouched down and began scraping up pieces of glass. Tiny bits jumped through the carpet as his hands ran through it. He dumped everything in the trash bin and prepared to search for a vacuum.  "Hey Edd should we just order?" Matt asked closing the last cabinet in defeat.

      "Yeah actually Tom keeps a few numbers on top of the TV."

      "Thanks, babe."

     "Sure."

Holy crap. Matt hurried into the living room hoping Edd didn't notice what he just said. Funny thing was... he did. His neck burned a bit. Trying to ignore it he went to the closet and continued looking for a vacuum.

With no luck Edd threw himself onto the couch and waited for something to do. Tom walked in. He seemed a bit happier than before. "You guys are still here?" He asked.

Before Edd could answer, the doorbell rang. Everyone jumped. "That's the pizza!" Matt yelled from the hallway. Tom rushed to the door himself to give Edd a break. He opened it and smiled at the person on the other side. The other boy was slightly taller than Tom. He wore a red shirt and a cap that shaded his eyes. The pizza box in his hands stretched like a table.

"How much?" Tom asked.

The boy didn't answer. Instead he walked into the apartment and closed the door behind him. He set the pizza box on the nearest counter and smiled a crooked smile. Tom watched nervously as the pizza boy put his hand on the lip of his cap and yanked it off to reveal- you guessed it- a cheery Tord. "Hello, old fr-"

Tom yanked Tord by the shoulders and let his knee gut the bastard right below his ribs. He choked and fell to the ground. The noise seemed to startle everyone in the other room. "Tom what's taking so long?"

Edd walked in and stopped at the sight of what had just happened causing Matt to bump into him. Everyone stared at the boy cradling himself and wheezing his lungs back to life. 

(le gasp) ye here ur chapter, guys. I hope u like it :3