Chpt. 11

Tom poked at the arm comfortably wrapped around his waist. He continued to do so until the boy next to him began to rustle against the sheets. Then it was quiet.

"Tord," Tom whispered, "You awake?"

The arm retracted faster than a snake in the holy hot sands. Tord scooted far from Tom and sat sheepishly with his hands between his legs.

"Tom-"

"Yeah um..."

Neither could tell in the dark could tell that the both of them were blushing furiously. The only light was that of a cold street lamp that could barely outline their silhouettes through the blinds. The room was chilly but with each second, their cheeks grew warmer.

"Well," Tom coughed awkwardly, "I'm not dealing with this bull."

He swiftly rolled onto the floor with the thin bed sheet dragging behind him, wrapping himself in the process and ignoring the situation as much as possible. Tord waited for Tom to say something. He placed his hand on the corner of blanket that had remained on the bed, only for Tom to yank it away.

"Mine." Tom said before rolling further away from the bed.

Tord sighed and flopped back onto the mattress. Cool air from the slightly cracked window tickled his bare shoulders. He curled himself into a fetal position, cuddling a pillow for the most possible warmth.

The next morning Matt came tumbling for the apartment door all the while shouting about numerous things. he bounced from wall to wall with excitedly before attacking Tom who felt it was too early for something like this to be happening.

"Tom! Tom! Tom!" Matt shouted as he vigorously shook at the boy beneath him "Can you believe it?! this is the best thing that is happening I'm so happy the world is turning around!"

"Edd! What is this child talking about?" Tom shouted over Matt's squealing.

"Well" Edd said, "We're going on a vacation. We just came by to let you know so you wouldn't come knocking on our empty apartment door!"

"What?!" Tom gestured towards Tord, "what am I supposed to do with this mistake?"

Tord snickered and rolled over so he wouldn't have to face the argument. "I was also thinking this could be a good bonding opportunity for you guys!" Edd helped Matt stand up and led him to the door, you get all this space, and no interruptions!"

Tom was about to object but his friends were already out the door. Tom relaxed back onto the floor and stared up at the ceiling. He inhaled deeply and exhaled, making fart sounds. Just then, he got a pillow to the face and more laughing from Tord.

"Oh you think that's funny?" Tom scowled under the pillow.

"Very much so."

"I'll get you back, just wait."

Tom walked into the kitchen, instantly regretting it when he remembered there was no food. He knew exactly how to fix the problem, he just didn't know if he was strong enough to do it. He leaned against the wall and sighed. "Tord!" he called to the bedroom, "Let's get out of this place and act like responsible adults."

(next chapter is gonna be nice for you guys. thanks for being here ;)