4. Things The Way The Are

Giving stuff up is hard... especially if you've grown rather attached to it in terms of affection and time.

That would explain the grief people feel when someone passes away or, maybe, moves away from them.

Letting something or someone go could be the hardest people ever do.

Things that cling on to our lives or become part of them are things that we just cannot stay away from...

The dangerous kinds of those things can be termed 'addiction' and the lesser evils are just termed 'hobbies' or a sort of activity that helps pass time.

What is your little something that you can't put away?

If you had only about ten minutes to take up either your hobby or your time with God, which one would you pick?

I don't mean to judge but I'm just pointing out that the only thing that really, really, really matters is God.

He is the most precious thing in the universe and a personality like His and the closeness people miss with Him is just sad.

To say it all, He is Wisdom personified. He is Love and He does this thing where He seems fond of spending time with you.

I'm sorry, what could be better than that?

God and Creator of everything in existence wants to spend His time with you and you want to fiddle with a tiny gadget?

In present times, people seem more intent on talking with someone on the phone or texting them rather than just talking to the person nearby.

There was this one time that I decided that I felt more like I was properly communicating my feelings when I wrote God a letter rather than just talked.

Somewhere along the way, the devil slipped some sort of mentality into us without us even realising.

It might be hard to put that phone down or to shut the media up for even a few minutes but, maybe, looking up for a breath of fresh air and time spent with the Almighty is what we really, really, really want.

It's the small voice calling from the depths of our souls and we haven't even realised it.