5. What's He Really like?

What's He really like?

It's special how God is with each person personally and in a different way. God is the same. He has His own distinct and perfect character but each person sees Him so differently and is in love with and forms a relationship with such a different side of Him.

For example, for me, God is gentle. He's kind and reeeeeeally loving. "Caring" is the word for His personality in my mind. He does small things for me as well as the big. What I mean is that He takes care of details no one thinks is important.

He's special to me like that. He's family that is the closest to my heart.

What's amazing is that to someone else, God is the protector. He's their personal shield. He's there for them no matter what. Of course, God protects me as well but the side of God that I think of as GOD is His caring, gentle side.

I was thinking of this and mildly letting my thoughts float over the horrors of imagining up an image of God and worshipping that instead of the real God but then, that didn't scare me as much as it used to when I realised what God is like. God cares more about that than I do. God quickly shows the person what He's really like and shifts that person's image of Him to the original and that is so reassuring. My God. Another side of Him, I've come to find: His reassuring side.

One thing that is the most exciting and amazing for Christians is that this is why they were created, sought out and met. They get to know God. They get to search Him out and find out about His character in the scriptures, they get to see Him work and how He specially does things, they get to see His humour and love in the way He talks to them or deals with the situations they're in.

They get to know God for who He truly is and that's the most amazing thing of all.

Creatures getting to know more about their Creator.