◇ 《 02 》 ◇

×× ♡ ×× Nate POV. ×× ♡ ××

I woke up quite early, I wasn't in the mood to get dressed already. So I walked to my window to let some fresh air in, as soon as I drew back the curtains I saw Ryan Collins run through the street at full speed. He doesn't live far from us so I saw him dash to his practice pretty often. Well as often as I wake up early.

I went to my bathroom and washed up, after that, I picked out my clothes. I decided on black skinny jeans, with a T-shirt that said "Get smart or get lost" and a red cardigan. I put on my red hightop Converse and walked down to the kitchen with my backpack.

My father already went to work so my stepmother was up too. She always wakes up with him to make him breakfast, I know a lot of kids don't like their stepmoms but I think she is really nice. She also has a cute daughter, who is only 5 years old.

My real mother died in lung cancer 6 years ago. I really loved her so when she died I was a mess. I didn't leave my room after the funeral for 3 weeks. My father was a wreck too but he still went to work and he still tried so hard to get me to eat and go out and process the loss of my mother. After 3 years my father went dating again it was a hard time for me but when he met Sally I forgive him. Sally was different, she was nice to me from the start. She was always trying to be a mother figure for me too, and I appreciated that. Overall Sally is a very kind woman and I'm happy that she is here for my father.

" Hi Nate, up early I see. " she greeted and put a coffee in front of me. She still cooked breakfast, so I accepted the coffee.

" Morning, I couldn't sleep more. School starts in almost an hour anyway. " I said smiling. She put the finished breakfast before me and went to wake up Alicia. After I was down with half of it they were back and all dressed up. Alicia had nursery school and it starts at the same time my school does. They ate too and then we headed to the car. I hopped in beside Cia and buckled us up, then Sally started to drive.

When I arrived at school I kissed both of their cheeks and went off to my locker. I had Maths first and I needed my book. I'm glad nobody stares at me now, because of what happened two years ago. A year ago everyone was looking at me and since then I hate attention. My girlfriend cheated on me with one of the jocks and I didn't found it out in a nice way.

I know something was not ok with her but I didn't think much of it since when I asked her she said it's nothing. This went on for two weeks and I wanted to make her happy again. I was planning on taking her on a date. When I got to school that day I was late and in a hurry but I heard weird noises inside the janitors closet. I dismissed it because couples usually do it there and it's not my business. But then I heard her voice from the closet and my blood turned cold. I couldn't believe my ears and I was almost crying. I couldn't go in there, and I didn't know how to break it to her that I know. But it looked like I didn't have to. Pictures of her cheating on me with numerous guys were taped on the cafeteria walls. Needless to say, I didn't eat anything that lunch. Everyone knew she was my girlfriend so they got to knew about her cheating too. She got hate and I got stares. She transferred to another school not long after. I officially broke up with her after lunch and she didn't even shed a tear. We were together for over a year.

Anyways, I got to math in time and took my seat. The jocks came in after me and Ryan sat behind me like usual. For some reason, after the break up I always saw him looking at me from the corner of my eyes but we never talked.

The classes got pretty slow and it was lunchtime. My friend Cameron and me were at our table discussing the new HP book.

" I think its cool that they decided to make a sequel," said Cam.

" I don't know, they changed some things up. I liked the originals better."

" Me too but it's still cool," he said back proving his point. Then I thought better not argue and started to ate oblivious to what's happening. Cameron still didn't say anything and that was suspicious because he was always talking. I looked up to question him but instead saw Ryan approaching our table. I stared till he stopped beside me.

" Hi. " he greeted. He looked nervous.

" Hey, Ryan. What can I help you with? " I asked still clueless about what he wants from me.

" Umm... can I talk to you for a second? " he asked and I nodded. I got up and send a questioning look towards Cam. We went out of the cafeteria and I was thinking about what he wants from me when he suddenly stopped walking and I stumbled into him. I regained my balance and looked up at him.

" Sorry, I wasn't watching. " I apologized then asked what I've been thinking about. " So what you wanna talk about? "

" I was wondering if you could tutor me in math? I'm almost failing and I can't understand anything," he said looking at me too. I thought for a moment then smiled and nodded. He just needs a tutor, I'm relieved I thought he is going to beat me up. I don't know why though. It's those movies tell you, they are a bad influence on my logic.

" Yeah, sure. When is it good for you? " I asked.

" I'm free in the afternoon. Any day to be honest. "

" Ok...what about today at 4 pm? " I said thinking. Tomorrow is a pretty laid back day so I have time to tutor him considering that I don't have to study that much.

" It's cool for me. My house or yours? " he said smiling. "

" Yours.If it's ok? " I said. I already know his address because we live on the same street.

" Yeah, and thanks so much. " He answered and hugged me. It surprised me, to say the least, we only talked to each other once that was now and he is hugging me, quite strongly might I add.

" Ummm. It's alright, you can put me down. " I said out of breath. We said our goodbye and I went back to the cafeteria. As soon as I sat back down on my seat Cameron bombarded me with questions.

" He just needed a tutor for math. Jeez Cam, calm down. " I laughed and ate the rest of my food. Fortunately, Cam dropped it and started to talk about some new video game.

After that, the whole day was back at its boring routine. I went home and put my bag down went to the kitchen and greeted everybody. My dad was home too now. I sat beside him in a kitchen stool.

" Hey, Nate. How was school, son? " asked dad in his cheery voice.

" Nothing special. I have to get ready though I'm going over to Ryan Collins' to tutor him in math. " I said hopping off the stool.

" The quarterback? " he asked amused and I nodded. Dad loves football so he goes to school matches, I usually stay at home. He smiled and let me go without another question. Ryans father and my dad are friends to top it off. However, we never went to each others house or I just don't remember.

I put my maths books into a smaller bag that looked in the mirror and decided that I ain't gonna change. I'm lazy and I don't have time for that anyway. I put some deodorant on and went to the kitchen again. I was starting to feel hungry so I got myself an apple and said bye to everyone. I ate my apple on the way to their house and I was there in no time.

~~ ◇ ~~ ◇ ~~ ◇ ~~ ◇~~ ◇~~

There is the next chapter.Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it.It turned out a bit long though.
Don't forget to remind me if I wrote something incorrectly please. ♡♡

Also I took down the picture that was here before because many people thought it was disrespectful. I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone.