Rewind II: Because I'm Your Daughter

The blue-eyed boy paced back and forth in his office, arms firmly crossed together as he contemplated his speech in his head.

He had told his old teammates to meet him in the Hokage's office after lunch. Even so, he didn't know how he should go about telling them what happened to their daughter.

The time technique made it so that Sarada is missing way shorter than she actually is. She could be experiencing an entire day over there, while back in real-time, only a few hours had passed.

It was the next afternoon since he discovered her being missing from the storage room. Sasuke and Sakura definitely wondered where she went for the night. In fact, Sakura tried to ask Naruto earlier on in the morning, but thank god something came up and managed to drag him away.

"No need to be afraid." The blonde took a deep breath, giving himself the pep-talk he needed. "Hokage's aren't afraid of their best friends. Nope."

"Naruto?"

The blue-eyed boy jumped off his feet at the sound of Sakura's voice. He shifted his gaze up and realized that his best friends had already made their way into the office, standing right in front of him. He must've been too busy thinking to notice.

"Have you heard any word about Sarada?" Sakura inquired, a worried look shown on her face. Sasuke stood by her side, looking neutral, but the blonde could tell that he wanted to know as well.

Everything he originally planned to say became lost. Naruto took a few moments to collect himself together before speaking.

"I was with her last night."

"What!?" Sakura exclaimed. You could practically see a vein starting to pop from her forehead. "You told me you didn't know where she was this morning!"

"She's not here." The blonde continues, careful with his words. "She's not in Konoha. Not this one, she isn't."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. He was starting to lose his patience. "What do you mean?"

Deciding there was no going back, Naruto picked up the scroll on his desk and held it up with his hands. With a flick of his finger, he let it fall open so that the red seal was evidently shown to the two of them.

"Sarada went back in time."

"W-What do you mean?" Sakura asks again, slowly. She didn't understand, but this definitely didn't sound good.

Sasuke caught on to the bad vibes as well. He started to clench his fists, in hopes that Naruto would hurry the hell up with the talk.

"Last night, I ran into Sarada-chan and she started asking me things about the Uchiha's." Naruto went on. "I brought her in the storage room so she could read up on it herself, but she found this scroll which contained a time-travel technique. She probably decided it was a good idea to use it to answer her questions.."

He stopped, searching for a reaction from his best friends, but the two of them remained frozen still. He figured they were being calm and rational about this, until Sakura's face immediately turned beastly with rage.

"You're telling me that she found some technique that no one's ever heard of and went back in time to see all the shit that's happened here in Konoha!?" She bursted, walking up to the blonde and practically screaming into the Hokage's face. "And before that, you brought her into the storage room so she could READ about her relatives!?"

The raven-haired boy could feel his blood run cold.

"NARUTO! Do you know how dangerous it is for her to be back in that time!?" Sakura fired again, causing the blonde to flinch back. Her mind raced at the flashbacks of the past. Orochimaru, Akatsuki, the fourth great ninja war.