« chapter 9 »

"What classes are you picking?" Eleanor grins at Hermione, who stares back in horror, "Never again will I pick more than three."
"Ive learned not to pick divination." Ron mumbles, picking arithmancy instead.
"Remember, we can't mess with this time or things won't turn out the way they do." Lily whispers to the group.
"And remember our names." Remus follows.
They missed the welcome dinner last night, but they came early for breakfast.
"I haven't seen you lot around, are you new?"
Ron looks up to see his brother, Percy, "Uhm yes. We just transferred into Hogwarts this year." "Oh hello then, I'm Percy Weasley, Prefect, at your service."
"Liam Johnson." Ron shakes his hand.
"I don't see how you're taking that many classes!"
The group turns to see the younger Ron walk in, following younger Hermione.
"It's none of your business Ron why do you care?!"
Younger Hermione runs a hand through her hair, sitting down next to Luna, not noticing the new faces until younger Ron taps her shoulder.
"What is it now?! - oh. Who are you?"
She looks at Luna, who holds back a laugh.
"I'm Eliza Grove, me and my siblings slash friends transferred here this year."
"Nice to meet you, I'm Hermione Granger and this is Ron Weasley."
"Pleasure."
Younger Hermione turns back to her books, studying who knows what because classes haven't even started yet, while younger Ron engages in conversation with older Ron and Albus.
o                                                                        o                                                                       o
Not long after, the great hall starts to fill up with other students.
Remus is surprised to see himself up on the professors table, looking much like a bloke.
"Uh, Rachel? Were we- poor?"
Eleanor smiles, shaking her head, "No no. The full moon was a night ago, you're still recovering." Remus nods, tearing his eyes away from himself before he gets suspicious.
Younger Harry and Eleanor enter the great hall, Eleanor giggling about something as James sets eyes on his son.
"Aw he was adorable." Lily coos.
Harry's face turns red, looking down at the food.
"Sorry we're late." Younger Harry says, sitting next to Sirius with younger Eleanor beside him, across from his friends.
"No worries, guys, these are transfer students, they're also in their third year." Hermione smiles. "Hello, I'm Harry and this is Eleanor."
Younger Eleanor seems to be peering off at the staff table, mouthing stuff to her father who smiles back.
"Huh? Sorry. I'm Ellie." She turns to the lot, putting on a signature smile.
"I'll introduce us all."
Hermione starts, "I'm Mary, this is Carter, Rose, Rachel, Ethan, Eliza, Mark, Liam, Ralph, John, and Koby."
"That's a mouthful." Younger Ron snorts.
"You don't even know the half of it." Jamie rolls his eyes, shoving a pancake in his mouth.
o                                                                        o                                                                       o
"I have potions first." Sirius groans.
"So do I." Lily answers coolly, actually wanting to see how her old friend turned out. If he teaches here, he can't be a death eater, right?
Everyone starts examining each other's time tables, looking for similar classes.
"I have DADA first!" Older Ron and Jamie high five, while older Hermione sighs, "I have to deal with these two first?"
The two just grin at her.
"We better get going, don't want to be late." Remus says, getting up to go to Care Of Magical Creatures with a few others.
"Bye guys!"
The group disperses, going their own way for their first day in Hogwarts in the new time.