« chapter 12 »

"What do you mean, exactly?"
"Professor, I don't know if the headmaster told you this but were from different time lines." Lily says.
"He hasn't. May I ask, who really are you?"
The five look at eachother, then smile, "I'm Eleanor Lupin, this is Remus Lupin, Lily Evans, Harry Potter, and Albus Potter-Lupin."
"No. Way." The professors eyes widen, "How can I know for sure?"
"I mean, if our boggarts don't have enough proof, you could ask us anything." Remus says.
"Harry, when you were on the train in your third year coming to Hogwarts, what happened?"
"A dementor came on and into our cart, I heard my mothers scream and passed out before you did the charm to send it away."
"Eleanor, show me your patronus."
Eleanor shrugs, taking her wand out and saying, "Expecto patronum."
A silver dragon appears, flying gracefully around the room.
"Okay. Me. When you told your friends that you were a werewolf, what was the first thing they said."
"Remus. You fold your socks."
The two Remus' chuckle, making it seem a bit scary because they're identical.
"Okay. I believe you."
Though Lily notices he hasn't looked at her since.
"Remus." She says.
Older Remus bites his lip, the way Eleanor does, and looks down.
"Please. Just look at me."
"I'm sorry Lily." The professor says softly. "Even if you don't look like you it's hard."
"I understand. It's a shock for all of us."
"Is Sirius here too?" He asks.
The group looks at each other before nodding.
"Is he really a traitor? I can't bring myself to thinking he is."
"I can't tell you much, you'll find out later in the year, but no, Sirius isn't a traitor." Harry replies. "Thank Merlin. You five go run along, dinner should be soon then."
The three get up, smiling softly at Remus and Eleanor, who stays still in their chairs, waiting for them to leave.
"Er- Remus? Eleanor? What's wrong?" The professor asks, folding out his hands on the desk. "Well, uh, dad, you know my boggart? How it was you dying?" Eleanor starts.
"Indeed."
"That boggart becomes real years later." Eleanor looks to younger Remus for help, as tears well up in her eyes.
"Professor, the reason Eleanor and her friends went back in time was to save people who died in the battle of Hogwarts. This is probably breaking millions of time laws, but there's no one else we could go to."
The older Remus nods slowly, "It isn't like me to break the rules. Why now?" He smirks.
"Well, uh, sir, I feel as this is the right thing to do and- er- yeah."
"As long as you don't tell anyone what you know, your mind won't be obliviated of us." Eleanor says once she's recuperated.
"I suppose I could help, if you tell me who I'm saving."
"Yourself, Tonks, Sirius, Fred, and maybe Snape if I'm feeling really generous that day."
Both Remus' laugh again, freaking Eleanor out, "Okay okay don't laugh in sync anymore it's very weird."
This only made them laugh more.
"I'll do it."
"Okay so, you have to remember this."
"I have a pretty good memory."
"Good you'll need it. So, first is Sirius. I'm only telling you how to stop their deaths, because anything else will change time and that would put us in a bigger mess."
The professor nods, understanding their point.
"He will be fighting Bellatrix. Don't let him fight her alone, and bring him away from the veil. Then it's you, don't fight Dolohov without me there. Tell Tonks not to fight Bellatrix either. Also, tell George to stand by Fred the whole time, crumpled rocks are supposed to crush him but if George can pull him out in time they won't."
"This better work Ellie."
o                                                                    o                                                                   o
"What did you guys need to talk about?" Harry asks the two as they walk back to the common room.
"Stuff."
"Things."
A sly smile appears on both faces.
"You two are mad."
"Like father like daughter."