« chapter 15 »

Younger Sirius chuckles, looking at his older self, "Mother would really love my new look, wouldn't she?"
He looks over at his friends, who are still in shock, then turns back to himself.
"Who are you?" Older Sirius' voice booms around the walls.
The shrieking shack is older looking, more dirty and worn out.
"I'm you." Younger Sirius smirks, leaning against the wall.
"Yeah, okay, and I'm Dumbledore."
"No I'm serious, in both ways, but I'm really you! That's James and Remus." Younger Sirius points over to the two, their mouths still open.
"Close your mouth or you'll catch flies." T
he two immediately snap out of it, "Sirius you're old." Remus scrunched his nose.
"Not as old as you moony." Younger Sirius laughs.
"You have a rather ragged look, too." James says, studying his figure.
"How can I be so sure it's me? I mean, I don't remember going back in time. Where's Peter? Did he go with you?" Older Sirius looks more calm now, sitting down on an old chair.
"Uhm, well, I guess you could ask us questions like older me did." Remus says awkwardly, sitting on the floor, leaning his back against the wall.
"Hmm, where did I go when I ran away?"
"To prongs' place."
"What did we make during our school years?"
"The marauders map."
Older Sirius grins, "It really is you guys. You don't look like yourselves though."
"Appearance charm." James states coolly.
"Why did you come?" Older Sirius asks, furrowing his eyebrows at the three.
"Sirius here couldn't sleep, so he wanted us to come and find himself. We can only stay for a little while longer before someone notices were missing." Remus explains.
"So it's just you three?"
"No, a lot of others went back to this timeline, too. Lilys here, as is Harry, Eleanor, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Jamie, and Albus."
"Who?"
"Oh, Luna Jamie and Albus are Eleanor and Harry's kids in the future. Hermione and Ron are their friends."
"Hmm interesting. What about Peter?"
"We don't care about Peter anymore." James spats.
"Good. That filthy rat, I knew his animagus was a rat for some reason. Do you know what happens? Does Peter get caught? Killed? Could you help me?"
Younger Sirius is about to speak when Remus cuts him off, "Yes we know, no we're not telling, and sorry but we can't help you."
"Remus!" Younger Sirius protests.
"You know what happens, Sirius, if we change anything it may not come true."
"I agree with Remus on this one." James shrugs.
"Fine." Younger Sirius huffs, crossing his arms.
o                                                                                  o                                                                            o
The three sneak back unnoticed after a long conversation with older Sirius, slipping into the empty sleeping bags and finally getting a goods night sleep.
o                                                                                  o                                                                            o
"You did what?!" Hermione shrieks.
"Shush! We don't want all of Hogwarts to hear!" Sirius scolds.
"You can't do that!" Hermione whispers.
"Come on Mione, no harm done." Ron tries to calm his girlfriend down.
"They could've messed with time!"
"But we didn't! Remus saved us from doing so." James cuts in, the group walking to their last class of the day, defense against the dark arts.
"Hey have any of you seen Harry?" Younger Eleanor approaches the group, Ron on her tail.
"No sorry, haven't seen him." Luna replies bluntly.
"Where could he be?" Younger Ron sighs, walking next to the group.
"You have DADA now too?" Albus asks them.
"Yeah, I heard Snape is teaching today." Younger Ron grunts. It seems they all share a hatred of the dungeons bat.
"I'm sure Harry will turn up somewhere."
The class takes their seats, no professor in the room yet but Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Eleanor know what's to come. Snape comes in, shutting all the blinds with a swish of his wand and turns to face the class.
"Turn to page 394."
Without question, everyone does as told. Harry walks in, panting as he goes to sit down,
"Where's Professor Lupin?" He asks.
"That is none of your concern, Potter. Lupin finds himself uncapeable of teaching at the present time."
Younger Eleanor looks like she's ready to claw his eyes out, while Remus knows exactly what Snapes talking about. The only reason he is fine now is because he didn't transform since they're in a different time.
"Werewolves?! We're learning about werewolves?!" Younger Hermione gasps.
"You can't do that!" Younger Eleanor yells.
The class argues in agreement, "We're not even up to this!" Lavender Brown shouts.
"Quiet! All of you! We're learning about werewolves whether you like it or not." Snape sends a smirk to Remus, who keeps his head down. Eleanor grabs his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze before glaring at the dungeons bat.
o                                                                                  o                                                                            o
"He's just doing it so people can find out what I am!" Remus shouts in disgust.
"It doesn't work, trust me. Only Hermione is the only one to find out, no one else cares enough to do the essay." Harry chuckles at the memory.
"There's quidditch tomorrow, the first match!" James approaches the two gleefully.
"I can't wait to watch you play!" He continues.
Harry grins, "It's not my best game, actually. Though you'll see what I mean tomorrow."
Harry didn't want to spoil anything, seeing their shocked faces would be more fun.