One

Chara's POV
I sat on my bed in silence. I snuggled further into my blanket.

"Chara! Time for dinner!!" Asriel yelled from outside of my room. I chuckled.

"I'll be there in a bit, Azzy.." I replied to him. I heard footsteps getting quieter.

I picked myself up off of the bed and got my black and dark green jacket from the floor. I stretched and put it on.

I left my room and went downstairs into the kitchen, where Toriel, Frisk, and Asriel were sitting. A fake smile plastered on to my face.

"What are we gonna eat..?" I asked to anyone who was listening as I took a seat next to Frisk and Asriel.

"We're having mashed potatoes and cube steak! How great does that sound, my child?" Toriel smiled.

"It's perfect, mom." I nodded. I leaned back and Toriel set out the plates with food on them in front of us.

"Oh dear! How could I forget! Chara, you, Frisk, Asriel are going to stay with Asgore tonight, if that's alright!" Toriel announced.

"I was actually planning on getting my own house." Asriel commented. We all looked at him.

"Well, my child, you are 22 years old and you are capable of living on you're own, so you have my acceptance." Toriel smiled.

"Who said I was going alone?" Asriel smirked. He stood up and walked to where Frisk was, putting an arm together and smushed cheeks.

"O-oh, you too, Frisk? Haha.. Okay, my children. You can move out together." Toriel stuttered. I looked down.

"Chara, do you want to come with us?" Frisk asked politely.

"No. I don't." I choked out. I ate my dinner quickly and went upstairs. I sat on my soft, green and yellow bed.

I let out a shaky sigh.

All the houses in Ebott Village were furnished, so all I needed was my clothes and my other belongings.

I started putting clothes into a suitcase I found in my closet.

I was moving out, huh? I should have moved out earlier, honestly, saying I am twenty three years old and living with my mother.

I zipped up my fully packed suitcase and turned to my bed. I crouched down to under my bed and pulled out a box filled with personal items. I set it on top of my suitcase next to me.

"I guess I'm leaving then." I chuckled dryly. This was all my stuff, basically. I mean, besides my hairbrush and toothbrush.

I stretched my arms out and took my phone out of my pocket, 11:34 PM.

I lied on my bed with open arms and legs spread out, letting the darkness of my mind consume me. And yes, I do still have daytime clothes on. I'm just way too lazy for pajamas.

<dream>
I was in front of Frisk. We were children, well, twelve year olds. I was looking at her soul as I consumed it and possessed her body.

Everything flashed to the Ruins. Killing Toriel.
Snowdin. Papyrus.
Waterfall. Undyne.
Hotlands. Mettaton.
Then the Judgement Hall. My smile widened as I sliced Sans into dust.
Right where his soul was, making him spit up the blood coming from his soul.
I laughed as hard as I could watching him die.
Next I killed Flowey.
Then everything flashed to another image.
Black substances came from my eyes and mouth and Frisk took a step back, face stained with horror.
I killed Frisk.
<dream end>

I woke up sweating and panting for air, along with black tears coming from my eyes. I cried harder and teleported to Waterfall, where the statue was.

I was in a cave sitting down, crying into my knees, which was staining my jeans black. The rain didn't help keep me dry either.

I heard footsteps after awhile. I ignored them and continued to cry.

The rain suddenly stopped falling on top of me and a melody was heard.

I looked up and saw Sans standing in front of me, adjusting a blue umbrella over the statue. I sighed.

"You're moms been worrying about you ever since she found out you left in the middle if the night." Sans told.

"I needed some alone time." I spoke. He sat down next to me and leaned against the statue.

"Somethin' happen?" He asked, looking over at me.

"It was just a nightmare." I stated. He looked at the ground and I sniffed.

Then I started crying again.

"S-sans.. I'm sorry.. I-I'm so, so sorry..." I cried into his shoulder while hugging him.

He tensed at the sudden touch, then relaxed and hugged me back.

"It's fine, kiddo.. I'm sorry too.." Sans comforted me. I only cried more.

We stayed like this for what seemed like hours, then let go.

"Howzabout you head home now?" He asked.

"Okay.." I agreed. He teleported me in front of moms house and teleported away.

I went inside to see mom standing in the living room tapping her foot on the wooden floors. I made a smug smile and shrugged.

"I thought someone could have tooken you or worse!" She yelled. I sighed.

"I can't picture someone kidnapping an adult, but whatever." I muttered. She pointed to upstairs. Sometimes I wish she would stop treating me like a child.

"Fine.." I grumbled, stomping up the stairs.

"Have a nice rest, my child!" Mom called from downstairs. I let out a sigh and shut the door to my room with a loud slam.

I didn't sleep at all the rest of the night.