Eight

Eight
• • •

Joel and I stood at the entrance with our friends in a line to welcome all as they entered the hall.

"There comes Gabriel," Joel whispered to me.

He was coming up the steps with Raphael and Azrael, nodding at the greetings in acknowledgement.

"How are you feeling, brother?" I asked.

"Very well and a little . . . Anxious, I think," he answered.

And we shared a laugh. Gabriel was one who could get nervous at times. And Michael was the composed one. Joel fancied him a lot.

"There's Michael." Gabriel motioned down the steps. "Greet him well." He patted on my shoulder and went inside.

Michael's raven hair and the Azure robe looked too good on him. Joel fixed his posture to his best since Michael was approaching.

"Greetings, Michael," Joel said.

"Greetings, Joel," Michael returned with a calm smile.

"Greetings, brother," I said.

Michael drew his sword and nudge me at my shoulder with the hilt. I felt my body jerk back.

"Greetings, dear brother," he smiled at me amusedly as he sheathed the sword.

I used to stoop a bit when I stand. Michael always corrected me whenever he could.

I stood there with Joel for some more time, waiting for Primavera. She'd told me just this morning that she would be sitting next to Uriel in the highest host and I wanted to greet her before the ceremony.

I was so proud of her. She was always dreamed of sitting among the highest host and singing closer to The Holy One. She'd worked so hard for it. She never missed any of her music classes. She deserved it.

She came with Uriel and all her friends in the hosts, cheerful and bright as a star as ever . . . and even more beautiful in her new, white robe. A crown of red flowers from Eden adorned her head. And streams of golden locks flowed down her shoulders.

When she reached me, she wore me a Ruby on the small golden circular clip which held the end of my robe together over my chest, saying, "This looks good on your robe. And have you any idea how dashing you are looking today?"

"Thank you. You look wonderful too!"

She held her robe and twirled gracefully once, and then she laughed, making Joel and I laugh too.

We'd all dressed up in new robes for the coronation. Michael, Gabriel and other angels were going to be coronated for higher posts.

"I'll see you inside," she said
and quietly went inside with her friends, flashing her charming smile again.

Joel and I went inside just as the ceremony was about to begin. Lucifer, the Light Bearer of Heaven, lead the hosts in singing hymns and choruses. Vera sat next to Uriel, playing her harp in such grace and excellence.

The Holy One was at the highest of highest, His presence gave light to all Heavens. He was too bright and glorious, we couldn't look up to Him.

All the Heavens rejoiced as the Twelve Arch Angels were anointed for the service of God and man. Michael was to be the Chief-Commander of Heaven and Gabriel the Messenger of God.

The Arch Angels first bowed in reverence to the Holy One, followed by all the other angels but there was one who stood in defiance.

Lucifer.

"Lucifer?" The Holy One called in a voice so sweet and filled with love.

"I will not bow to you," Lucifer answered.

"What is it that you want?"

"Why have you demeaned us? Why have you seen us lesser than man?" Lucifer spoke with remorse until he began to shout in utter anger, "We are more able! We have never once wronged you!! How dare you?! No!! I will not serve man, neither bow to you! Never!!"

"Lucifer!" Father's voice was beyond sadness and pain. Father loved him dearly. He was his Lucifer, most adored of all.

"I will ascend to heaven and rise my throne above your stars! I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon. I will ascend to the tops of the clouds. I will make myself like . . . The Most High! Arise my army!" He declared, looking down to the congregation from his podium and throwing his hands up.

To my utter disappointment and shock, three-fourth of the angels in the congregation stood up to be with him.

What have you done, Lucifer?

But when I looked at Michael and Gabriel, they were still on their knees before the Lord. They weren't even with Lucifer. I'd been tricked.

"Lucifer. Lucifer. Why have you forsaken me?" Father asked in remorse.

"Because you first forsake me," Lucifer sneered in contempt and turned to the three-fourth of the angels that were now standing against Yehovah, "Stand with me, my brothers! We who have been humiliated and demeaned. We will no longer serve Yehovah! We refuse to be considered inferior for we are able!! Draw your swords, brothers. Today we fight and claim our Kingdom!!"

The heaven thundered with the rebellious cry of Lucifer's army, swords raised and flashing.

"No, my beloved Xachariel." Lucifer directly turned to me with a vulgar smile and my body shook nervously. "I never meant to rule Eden. I never wanted Eden! My eyes were always set on the throne of Heaven!"

Why?

What for, Lucifer?

• • •

Update after months. Hope you guys are still with me. Thank you SO MUCH for reading!

Don't forget to vote and comment how you feel! :)

Love, Hermyne