Two

Republished because I changed the second in command, Azrael, to Dagon. Sorry for this *sheepish smile*

_______________________________

Chapter Two
• • •

Qol coos into my ear, "You meant nothing to Him."

I turn my head at him and peer deep into the pair of empty hollowness for eyes. With two sharp strokes of his wings, he flinches the moment I meet his empty gaze and he bow his head low. But when I say nothing in return, he slowly lift his beak, snickering.

Qol is my companion, a soulless crow whom Lucifer merely formed out of his voice as a gift to keep me company when I hunt. But Qol is more or less Lucifer's conscience. With him around me, Lucifer constantly keep watch over me. I can also hear his command in Qol's. In that way, he directs my deeds.

"Commander!"

I look back.

"Commander." The soldier, Azazel, kneels on one knee and places a mangled hand over his chest.

"What is it?" I ask, looking away.

"My Lord calls for you."

Lucifer. You always call for me. Father did not. How many eons has it been since we'd been guarding this gate? Never once did that light in the East attempted to reach us.

Father, you have forgotten us completely.

"I am coming," I say.

He stands up and leave. I look towards the East again. The same thought takes over me for the umpteenth time.

Father

Michael

Gabriel

Vera, Primavera.

I want to . . .

I wonder if Father ever think of me as often as I do of Him. Or has He forgotten me? And what of my brothers? Michael? Gabriel? Have they all forgotten me?

And Prim? Have you also forgotten me?

I turn my back to the East, my thoughts, my desires. I have to go to Lucifer. He called for me.

------------

The heavy door opens to a blackened hall and I walk pass the two armed soldiers. Lucifer, cloaked in the attire made of vile darkness, sits on his throne at the far end of the hall on the platform. And on the end of the steps to his platform, stands Dagon, the second in Command of Lucifer's army.

"You called for me, brother?" I ask, pushing past through the heavy door to his court.

"Xachariel, my beloved brother." Lucifer stands up from his throne and reaches out to me with his gnarled hand.