Three

Chapter Three
• • •

Dagon has left with the army and I have stayed back, just as Lucifer commanded. Now I stand on the highest tower of Hades, watching the army leave.

Lucifer, you still don't trust me, do you? Even after all that I have sacrificed - Father, Brothers, Prim... Happiness. I left them all for you. For you.

--------------

"Look! There comes Lucifer!" Primavera looked back, exclaiming.

Lucifer was on his golden chariot drawn by four white horses with glowing silver manes. Primavera and I were walking along the shore of the Crystal Sea. With every gallop of the horses, water sprang like small fountains around the hooves and they whirled with the chariot wheels. Lucifer's silver hair was blowing in the wind, his features; well-built, firm and haloed. Lucifer's glory was admirable as he came. Indeed, he was perfect in beauty.

He stilled his chariot besides us.

"Come with me, beloved brother." From the golden chariot where he was standing, Lucifer looked down and offered his hand with a smile that all the Heavens adored.

His purple robe was encrusted with precious stones; onyx, chrysolite and carnelian. His eyes were like the fire burning on the alter of the Holy Mount of God.

I turned to Vera and told her, "I shall join you later in front of Uriel's court."

She nodded, "Of course," and smiled at Lucifer.

I took Lucifer's hand, alighted the chariot and stood beside him.

"Primavera." Lucifer smiled back to her. "Uriel has been telling me of your talent. And so have I heard you sing. I shall place you among the arch hosts of Yehovah."

Vera's face lit up as she exclaimed, "Could it be for real, Lucifer! I have always longed to sing closer to the Holy One."

"You have my word." Lucifer grinned back in all his beauty and turned to me. "Well then, Xachariel?"

"Yes, brother," I answered with a nod and held the edge of the chariot.

"Ya!" Lucifer shouted as he whipped his arms and loosened the reigns.

The horses neighed and we took off. I felt the pleasing wind whip my face and sweep through my soil-coloured hair as we travelled the stretches of the shore. We compassed the wide stretch of the sea, flew over the city of Jerusalem, crossed the river of Healing Water and came to a stop at the North gate of the garden of Eden.

"Walk with me," Lucifer said and he stepped down from the chariot.

I followed.

Once we stepped inside the gate, the sound of water gushing caught my ears. It was Pishon, the river of the North, flowing from the footstool of Yehovah (as did all the other three rivers; Gihon, Euphrates and Tigris) to water the vegetation of the garden. A lion and a deer was drinking from the stream that extended the falling water. There were so much more animals around us, and birds above our heads and in the trees.

"Have you been here?" Lucifer asked as we walked further inside the garden.

"Yes. I came here first with Primavera and once with Gabriel too," I answered and smiled, remembering those delightful days.

"What do you think of this?"

"I think Eden is one of Yehovah's most beautiful creations. It is perfect. I doubt I will ever grow tired of exploring its beauty," I answered.

Lucifer was quiet.

"Don't you think so?" I turned to face him.

The look on Lucifer's splendid countenance was unreadable. He didn't look much delighted but neither was there any sign of disapproval on his expression.

"Beautiful," Lucifer sighed, keeping his right hand in the way of the water which was falling from the rocks above, and obstructing its smooth flow.

I watched his face. There was something troubling Lucifer. I could tell. I knew my brother.

"Is there something bothering you, brother?" I asked, looking straight ahead.

He met my eyes and questioned back with an idea that disturbed my whole frame of a being. It made me tremble inside. I had never felt such a tumultuous feeling before. Worry was foreign in heaven but I felt it. I felt it for the first time, right in the pit of my gut.

He asked me, "Has it ever crossed your mind, dear brother, if Father might betray us?"

"Lucifer!" I gasped, unfathomably astounded by the notion.

My palms began to sweat.

"Unfathomable, isn't it, brother?" Lucifer's eyes were distant as they stared down at the running water he was feeling. "But he has. Father has betrayed us." He ended in a whisper and there were tears in Lucifer's eyes.

• • •

So that's another chapter guys. Do let me know what you think about this book.
What you feel about Lucifer and his sadness. Any guess?

What do you think about Xachariel? Just anything you feel about this book. I'd be more than glad to know.

Please don't forget to press the little star below! 😊

Until next time :))
Hermyne

PS: I'll update the next chapter soon.