One

Chapter One
• • •

Holding her robe so she wouldn't trip, she ran ahead of me. Laughing in absolute delight, her long golden hair rippling behind her as she did. I laughed at her cheerfulness. She looked back at me and her hair billowed in the breeze. Her face brightened and she laughed more when she noticed that I was gaining on her. The delightfulness of her self mingled with the sound of leaves rustling around us in the wind. It sounded so musical, like the songs she sings with Uriel.

It was a beautiful day in the Garden of Eden. Our first time there. There was wind, trees, leaves, green mat to walk upon and a lot more of new creations, but I couldn't remember the name of most if them. The garden was so unlike Heaven in many ways, yet its beauty was indescribable. It was differently beautiful. Father also created so many new things and creatures to live there.

Three more strides, and I was already running with her. She squealed and her laughter grew more rapturing. Two strides and I was ahead of her. I felt her delicate fingers wrap around my wrist and pull me back. We laughed more as we came to a halt.

Few high pitched sounds resonated above our heads and we looked up. Feathery winged creatures flew above us, over the trees and into the blue sky.

"What did Zadkiel say they are called?" I turned to her.

"Birds." She smiled towards the sky. "I love the sound they make. Father's works are beyond comparison."

"Yes, indeed," I said, watching birds with her.

"I heard that this garden is designed not for the Heavens." She looked at me with those green, pearly eyes filled with curiosity.

Her eyes always me reminded of the Crystal Sea. They were like the precious stones that will shine for eternity.

"No," I answered, "This is just the model. Michael told me that Father plans to make matter."

"Matter?" She met my eyes in utter curiosity. "What could that be?"

I shook my head. "I don't know either. Father's purposes are far too great for our comprehension."

"Yes." She smiled at me and asked, "How's the Swordplay with Michael looking up?"

A chuckle escaped my mouth. "I showed up five blinks late and the tutoring was prolonged."

She grinned amusedly. "You should try to be more punctual. You know how busy Michael is with his work. You're fortunate that he's personally teaching you."

"Well, Yehovah made me to be Michael's right hand, so he should. Besides, he's my brother and I'm still a child," I replied, "He's supposed to take care of me himself. Who else would? He's the eldest."

Her lips twitched in amusement. "You're just taking advantage as the youngest, Xachariel. And you know how fond of you your brothers are. But you ought to understand that you'll be sixteen eons in two moons."

"I'd still be the youngest." I grinned.

Then she burst into laughter. Few steps, she walked ahead and removed her sandals to walk barefoot over the... the green mat.

What did Zadkiel say these are called?

Her eyelids fluttered shut and a smooth smile slowly grew upon her lips as she felt the... the thing, under her feet. I, too, removed my sandals and placed my feet on the ground, feeling the living mat beneath my feet. It felt so cool and refreshing.

"What did Zadkiel say these are called?"

"Grass," she answered and then she giggled, looking at me, "You don't remember much, do you?"

"No." I gave a soft laugh, shaking my head. "I remember only trees and..." I pointed to the... feather of trees.

"Leaves." She laughed a bit louder, throwing her head back. And then... "Flowers!!" she exclaimed, looking away at a distance.

The next moment, I found myself being dragged on. She had grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind her as she ran for a small tree with colorful... I supposed they were what she called flowers.

--------------

Father.

Michael.

Gabriel.

Vera. Primavera.

The hollowness in my chest widens and becomes more heavy each time I let them evade my mind and remember them, reminiscing our time together. I know that I am no longer a part of Father's household but each and every time I stare ahead at the East, I feel them. I still do. Oh, how often I think of them.

I place a hand upon my chest and close my eyes to feel more . . . And listen.

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing at all. This is what I have become.

I wait, drowning my thoughts, surrendering my all to that flicker of a light I can still imagine in this shroud of a darkness. Father knows everything. And yet here I am, banished with this hollowness feasting within me. I detest Him.

• • •

And thus we have chapter one. Hope you enjoyed it! If you're confused, the first scene is in Heaven before the Fall of Lucifer and the following scene is in Hades after the Fall. He's recalling his past days in Heaven. You know, flashback. Flashbacks will be in italics.

Feedback is welcomed with open arms because... I have never been to Heaven 😀

Please do Vote and Comment lots!!

Peace out, Hermyne