Work it Out

After Abby's eventful news day yesterday, she walked into the fire station both ecstatic and dumbfounded. She was happy for anther day of work at the the Ghostbusters headquarters, but amazed at how she was struggling to accept her two closest friends new relationship. 

    " Well good morning Abby." Shouted Erin's voice from up stairs. 

    " Hello. Why are you here so early? You are never here at 7:00 AM." Responded Abby. 

    " Holtz didn't feel like going home, so we stayed and watched a movie. " 

    " Oh, okay. Well, when Holtzmann wakes up, can you two come down here. We need to talk. It's important." 

   " Okie-dokie." 

   About two hours passed until Holtzmann woke up. 

   " Hey, so Abby wants us to come downstairs and talk in a little. Go ahead and shower and get ready, then we will go down stairs. Sound good?" Said Holtzmann's new girlfriend. 

   " Yep. Wonder what she wants to talk about." Said Holtzmann. 

   " I don't know, probably just about our equipment or something." Responded Erin. 

   Little did Erin and Hotlzmann know that Abby was not at all going to talk about work, but instead, their personal lives. 

                                                                                          ...

   " Hello you two. " Said Abby in a serious tone. 

   " What's with the tone?" Asked Holtzmann.

  " We have to talk about something more serious today. Ever since last night when you two had told me that you were in fact girlfriends, I have had trouble accepting that. " 

  " Why? Are you like homophobic or something?" Erin inquired. 

  " No, no, not at all. It's just that we have all been so close and a relationship I feel could end up hurting our business, cause what if you two at some point, split? What will we do then?" Abby added. 

  " Abby, you don't need to worry. We are just dating. It won't get to the point of, if we were to break up, we won't be able to look at each other. Our friendship and business will be fine." Explained Holtzmann. 

   " And Abby, if you really cared about us, shouldn't you be happy for Holtz and I?" Erin asked. 

   Abby, Holtzmann, and Erin sat in silence for a while. Then, Abby decided to break the silence. " You know what, I'm being silly. Holtzmann, I know you will make a crazy good girlfriend to Erin, and Erin, you the same to Jillian. I'll let you guys be." With that closing statement, Abby left to go get a doughnut and coffee, leaving Holtzmann and Erin alone in the fire station. 

   " Well that went well." Said Holtzmann. 

   " Sure did, but hey, what if we split up in the long run and it does impact our friendship, what will we do?" Erin said. 

   " You know we will remain friends, it's not like we will drive each other to insanity where we can't stand to even work together anymore." Responded Holtzmann. 

   " I know, I know, but what if we can't stand to work with each other and one decides to leave. That will impact all our friendships. I mean, I just don't want to lose you or Abby, Patty, and Kevin. " Added Erin in a saddened tone. 

   " I mean, if that does happen, where one of us does decide to leave, it won't be for a long time. It would be a short term leave. You know none of us can't stand going a week without seeing each other. If one day one of us leaves, we can't mope around because we know they will be back. We know we will see and hear their voice again, no matter how long that period of leave is. They will be fine." 

   " I guess your right. Nothing serious like that could happen any way. " Admitted Erin. 

   " Nothing to worry about." Holtzmann leaned down and kissed Erin on the forehead. As Hotlzmann disappeared up the steps, Erin couldn't happen but think about the possible leaving situation once again. Erin knew it would never happen, but just because her mind said that, the pit in her stomach said other wise. One thing was clear to Erin, though. She had a new worse fear: Holtzmann leaving her.