Addict With a Pen

"We haven't talked in quite some time,

    I know I haven't been the best of sons,

    Hello, I've been traveling in,

   The desert of my mind,

   And I Haven't found a drop, 

  Of life,

  I haven't found a drop, 

 Of you" 

 Jillian's Room    

Jillian sat in her bed, motionless. She could only sit and stare at the TV. She was confused, dazed, and stressed. Nothing was aligning right in her mind. She could not think straight. She did not know what to do. What would happen to her once she was released from the hospital? She knew that she could not be by herself at home. She couldn't go back to the Ghostbusters and face the place where everything went wrong so quickly. But yet, she was wanting to go back home, get away from the hospital. She wanted to go back to the Ghostbusters and make more crazy inventions and innovations. Every thought she had contradicted to each other. She was in a neutral state just sitting there in the hospital room. There was no one else who could help her with her thoughts. It was only herself in an isolated room. She was by herself, with no one to guide her, again. 

Erin wanted desperately to go home. She was tired and feeling under the weather. Today has not treated her well. One thing after another. One thing would end, but right away another problem would start. But then again, she also wanted to stay at the hospital. What is something went wrong? Abby couldn't take care of it because she wasn't the emergency contact. Patty wouldn't be able to. So who would? Nobody. Then there would be another conflict to take care of. But then what if nothing does happen today? Erin would just be wasting her time sitting in the ER's waiting room. Erin did not know what to do, so she just stayed put. 

The quietness of the waiting room seemed to leave an unsettling feeling in the room. All around Erin were people who were waiting for gruesome or positive news to come from the various doctors. People were crying, some withering in pain. Others seemed to look calm and collective as if they didn't have a care in the world. Erin, who was on the brink of having an emotional breakdown, was definitely not on the calm and collective side. If anything, she had her own section. She was to busy coping up all her inner feelings and emotions that she was driving herself to the point of insanity. She couldn't just cry, that would make Abby and Patty to focused on her, not Jillian, but she also couldn't just start to smile and be talkative. She was plain, neutral almost. Isolated from both sides of the spectrum. There was no going to one side and abandoning the other. She couldn't just feel happy, there would be the constant nagging of negativity in her mind. If she had a feeling of doubt, she would be submerged into doubt that everything around her would be secluded off. She would be stuck in her own, dark reality. She did not need anyone to help her through her thoughts, though. She said to herself she was fine, so at least she had some motivation to do something other than stay still. 

Jillian's room 

Dr. Frakenfurt was back in Jillian's room. He stood before her with two other nurses. He looked down at Jillian and smiled. Jillian wanted to smile back, but instead just nodded. She did not feel like smiling at him.

" Okay, we have gone over the results. We don't want you on your own for the next couple of weeks. You see, Jillian, we believe that you may have clinical--" Dr. Frakenfurt was cut off my Jillian.