Truce

" Now, the night is coming to an end,

The sun will rise, and we will try again"

" Erin! Wake up! Hello?"

" Erin, wake up, now!"

" Why aren't you waking up!"

Erin, beginning to come back to reality, wakes up to Abby, Patty, and Kevin shaking her vigorously on the ground floor of the Ghostbusters headquarters. 10 minutes ago she had collapsed to the ground unconscious after Holtzmann hit her and stormed out of the building.

" Guys, her eyes are opening. Kevin, you go get a glass of water. Patty, go get a chair. " Demanded Abby as she helped Erin to her feet.

" Okay, boss." Said Kevin. Kevin ran to the kitchen in an almost feminine way, but quickly returned with a full glass of water. " Here ya go Abby. Anything else?"

" Nope. Just go back to your desk and Patty and I can handle it from here." Responded Abby.

" Okie-dokie. " Kevin then proceeded to moonwalk back to his desk, managing to nick the corner. The impact causes him to lose balance and fall into the large garbage can on the right side of his desk.

" Oh, sweet and poor Kevin, no helping him. Ever." Said Patty.

" Hey Patty how about you get that chair over here so Erin can sit down?" Said Abby in a demanding, but yet distressed tone.

Patty rolled her eyes but said in reply," I got it, I got it." The chair from Erin's desk was rolled over to where Abby had Erin were located. Abby gently moves the still drowsy and dazed Erin into the soft, black leather chair.

" Erin? Are you awake? We have water for you." Said Abby.

Erin managed to prop her eyes open even more. She looked around the firehouse. Everyone seemed fine. She looked to Kevin who was getting out the garbage can. Erin was confused as to why he was in there, but didn't care to much.  She then looked to Patty, who was standing behind Abby. Then, she placed her confused glare onto Abby. She stared at the short woman for a couple minutes before she finally said, " What is going on?"

Abby looked to Patty to describe what happened, so Patty began to tell Erin what just occurred. " Girl, you and Holtzy got into a huge, explosive fight. You guys were yelling at each other back and forth. It was non-stop. At one point you insulted her machines and she lost it. She punched you in the stomach, and I guess from shock, you collapsed to the ground. Blacked out practically. "

" Wait, Holtzmann, she isn't dead?" Asked Erin.

" What do you mean by dead? Unless she has been a ghost for our whole friendship, then no, she is alive." Abby said.

" I mean, she was never in the hospital for a gun shot wound to the stomach?" Erin added.

" Man, that blow was worse than we thought. No, she hasn't been for a gun shot wound. " Patty commented.

" So, where is she?" Asked Erin.

" After you collapsed, she stared at you for a minute, then ran out, sobbing. She was muttering 'I'm so sorry' but nothing else. I guess she shocked herself based on what she did." Explained the overly excited Patty.

" Well, are you guys going to go get her? It is late at night, she can't be out there alone." Erin pleaded.

" She is okay. She texted me that she is just going to go get a drink. She will be back." Abby said.

Erin stared at the ground for a moment and then said, " As long as she comes back. I need to talk to her. " After she finished her sentence, Abby looked up and put her hand on Erin's shoulder.

" You know, when she comes back, Kevin, Patty, and I are going to leave to let you two resolve things in peace. Sound good?" Asked Abby.

" Yeah, but don't leave till she gets here." Added Erin.

" Of course. We wouldn't leave you," Abby paused for a moment, " Drink your water. After a blow like that you need to keep fluids running through your body." Abby got up and left Erin to sit in her chair and drink her boiling hot water.

" Goddammit Kevin! Why would you get me hot water?!" Yelled Erin.

" Sorry, my fault." Said a giggling Kevin.

" There is no hope for you." Erin muttered.

...

20 minutes after Erin had burned her tongue on the scorching hot water, Holtzmann walks into the door. Astonished and dumbfounded, Erin stared at the short, blonde woman. First, she could not believe she was seeing her once again because in the 10 minutes she had blacked out, Holtzmann was brutally murdered in her dreams. But now, here Erin is awake and back to reality, looking at the fully alive Jillian Holtzmann. " Holtzmann, why did you punch me back there?" Questioned Erin.

Holtzmann had the plainest expression on her face. She glanced up and down and all around the room before she began to speak. " Um... a.... well, I was angry. I guess the heat from the situation got me to riled up, and when you insulted my machines, that sent me over the edge. I just exploded. "

" And you hit me, Jillian. And instead of staying and helping me, you fucking left! You fucking left me there to lay!" Yelled Erin. At that very moment, Abby, Kevin, and Patty departed each other and left the fire station.

" I'm sorry, I just couldn't bare to see you laying there. I have never done this to anyone before. I was shocked and couldn't believe what I had just done." Replied Holtzmann to Erin's vicious remarks.

" So you were more worried about your own feelings instead of helping your injured EX-girlfriend?" Erin inquired.

Erin had just broken up with Jillian in the most ill hearted way, so Jillian replied with an even more hurtful remark directed at Erin." You know what be a bitch about it. I'm done. I'm done with you. I'm done with the Ghostbusters. I'm done with anything that has to do with you. Bye Miss Perfect."

Jillian turned, went out the doors again. This time, leaving Erin all alone in the fire station. Erin turned in her chair and started to cry. She sat there crying for about an hour. Then, she immediately stopped when Abby and Patty came back to the fire house. Without thinking, Erin blurted out," We broke up. She said she is done with me and the Ghostbusters. It's all my fault. "

" She will be back, you know she will Erin." Said Patty.

" That girl can't go more than a day without seeing any of us, especially you. She will be back tomorrow. " Said Abby in a comforting tone.

" Are you sure?" Said Erin.

"Positive." Abby replied back.

" Okay. I need start over from the beginning. I need to fix this. I love her to much to let her go. "

Abby and Patty both gave Erin a big hug. They suggested watching a movie and staying the night at the headquarters, which Erin agreed to. Erin and the two other girls put in Titanic and watched the movie into early morning. Come time for Erin to go to bed, she thought, " she will be back."

So, the night drew to an end, leaving Erin longing for the sunrise to try again with Holtzmann.

...

Authors note:

So, if you can't tell yet, each chapter is based off a song (well, mostly every chapter). A couple lines from each song is quoted before each chapter as a basic premise about what the overall chapter will be about. Also, mostly every chapter name is titled the name of the song, so if you guys are interested in checking out those songs to see where I get the inspirations for each chapter from, go ahead and check them out. :)

I originally had a different plan for this story, but when reading your comments, I gathered that you guys want something a little bit different than what I originally had in mind, so I changed this chapter and others farther out. So, if there is any confusion with this chapter, comment down below and I will be more than happy to clear things up! Other than those two messages, stay tuned for more to come! This story isn't even close to being finished!

Song: Truce ( performed by Twenty One Pilots)