Chapter 2

We walk through the hallways until we reach a place with rushing water. "This is the chasm." Eric explains. "The chasm holds the deaths of hundreds. And will continue to count on. There will be a time in your life when you will have to choose between life and death. We see death as bravery. When you die, you go to the unknown. Only the brave does this. Keep that in mind" Eric finishes.

Am I wrong in thinking living is brave? We are constantly faced with problems. And it is brave that we have the courage to deal with them. Over and over. To me, death is the easy way out. But then again, why not choose easy? I don't think I will ever understand. 

We walk off to the dorms. It's far from a 5 star room. All the showers are out in the open, there are 8 beds pressed up to each other, and what's worse, it that this is the girls and boys room. I can't express my joy. Mainly because I don't have any joy, but, whatever. 

"Enjoy your stay!" Four says before leaving the room with Eric. I choose the bed against the wall, and Cole is in the bed next to me. It is already 10pm so we all decide to rest for tomorrow. I sigh. It's going to be a long initiation. 

---------------------------------

I wake up to Four bang on a bed post with a metal pole. "Get up initiates! I what you all in the training room within 40 minutes." Four leaves us.

"I just love our new alarm system." I say to Cole

He scoff. "Yeah just lovely".

I sigh. "We should get some breakfast." I say.

"Yeah" Neither of us move until another 5 minutes. I groan and roll out of bed and land on the floor with a thud. 

"Owwww" I whine. Cole laughs

"It's not funny."

"Sorry to tell you, but yes, it is." 

I narrow my eyes at him. "Shut up"

I have a quick shower, get dressed in sport pants and a loose tank top. My outfit is black. Obviously. I quickly brush my teeth, put on some mascara, and head down to the pit with Cole.

"I wonder what we'll be doing in training" Cole say picking at his breakfast.

"Your Erudite. You show know"

"I was Erudite. And plus, Erudite don't know everything." He say

I raise my eyebrow. "You sure? Janine seems to think so." I say

He smirks "Of course I know. Erudite knows everything"

I roll my eyes and eat my breakfast muffin.

"We should get going. We have 5 minutes to get to training." Cole say checking his watch. 

"Okay lets go." We head of to our very first day of training.