4 » Wayne Manor

The next morning, I was fucking exhausted but I had to get up and go to "work." I was so excited for Bruce Wayne to fuck with my mind that I hit the snooze button on my phone. After ten minutes, I finally got up and got myself a cup of coffee. I sat at my kitchen table and went on my laptop to check my bank account. Steven did give me my five million, which was good. I went and quickly took a shower and got ready, and left the house and drove my white Porsche 918 Spyder to Wayne Enterprises. When I got there and got out of my car, some guy stared at me with his jaw almost to the floor. I laughed a little and went inside. I remembered Bruce had said I didn't have to check in or anything, to just go to his office.

I still knocked, and I heard a faint "come in" and I opened the door. Bruce looked up and smiled at me. I sat in the chair in front of his desk. He got off his computer and turned to me. "Ah, Raven, glad you made it. I was a little worried with all of the events that happened in Gotham last night."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Last night, Adam Bolte was killed and his warehouse blew up. A lot of people died," he said. My heart dropped. That building did not explode when I left. I didn't do that. Nothing I did could have caused that, could it? It was full of guns, I know that, but someone else had to have done something. "Innocent people," he remarked, only further driving guilt to me.

"That's impossible," I whispered, "how did his warehouse blow up?"

"That's what they're trying to figure out."

"Shit," I muttered. I couldn't have possibly been the cause of that. What if that guard who ran away did that? Jesus Christ. I can't be responsible for those innocent peoples deaths. I don't kill innocent people all the time. I wasn't even fucking there when it blew up so I don't know why I feel so guilty.

"It's nice to see that you're safe, though," he said. "But I guess we need to move on. I have a meeting with the board today and I was wondering if you could jot down some notes for me, because honestly, I don't want to."

"Of course," I said, and he nodded. We both stood up and I followed him out the door, and we got into an elevator. It was weird being in an elevator alone because we all know what happens. I mean, 50 Shades of Grey exists and Grey's Anatomy. It's not a coincidence they have the same color in both titles. I would never kiss Bruce Wayne though but I can't help where my mind drifts. It was an awkward silence as we went up like 50 floors. I was about to pass out because I was so tired. When the elevator finally stopped, I followed Bruce into a room with a giant table that was half filled.

"Glad you made it, Mr. Wayne," Lucius said, and Bruce motioned for me to sit down next to him. He handed me a small little notebook and a red pen.

"I wouldn't miss this exciting meeting for the world," Bruce commented. "This is my intern, Raven, and she's just going to be listening to the meeting."

They started talking about the most boring business stuff ever. Like, 'how can we make profits triple' and some shit like that. I tried writing down some notes but I felt my eyes get so heavy. I could barely keep them open. I wasn't even paying attention to the meeting, I was focusing on keeping my eyes open. What if I just shut my eyes for a second? That sounds like a good idea. I shut my eyes, and I opened them when I heard someone cough. People were leaving the room, and Bruce stretched beside me, before turning to me.

"Did you get notes?" he asked. I looked down at my paper and I saw I only had one sentence written and it was 'ugh this is boring'. Holy shit. Did I seriously close my eyes and sleep through the whole meeting? Oh my God, I'm going to get fired. I looked at Bruce, almost in panic mode.

"Y-yes," I said.

"Really? You only wrote one thing down and it was about how boring the meeting was, Raven." He didn't seem mad, he seemed a little confused. I'm probably the most confused over the both of us.