Chapter 5 - The Disappointment

Jason's POV

I pull a small ring out of the bag and look up at Nico. He's grimacing and not wanting to look me in the eye, but leans forward and puts a stick in his mouth.

I hear a low, almost silent growl, and I glance over towards Percy and he has a look of pure rage on his face that he's not doing a very good job at hiding.

Ok, he's being defensive. This is either about me, or it's about Nico.

Probably Nico, considering the fact that he's pretty much his big brother.

But I don't know cause he's not glaring at me, more so at Nico.

Right now as I'm thinking this he looks over at me and give me a sad look, which makes even less sense, but I look away and turn back to Nico.

I grab the end facing me and I move forwards a bit. Nico does the same, we each move in until neither of us have any room left.

Our lips are grazing each others as we come to a stand still in the center.

I give in and move the final distance.

I feel Nico'a lips on mine and I don't feel anything for him. I finish the pocky and move away from Nico. I look over to Percy and he's gone. We all hear a slamming door, and I know he's left.

"I'll go get him," I tell everyone, and they nod and continue the game. A look on Annabeth's face tells me she knows what's going on, but she's gonna let me handle it.

I walk out of the cabin a little ways  to a stream to find him sitting in it, staring at the water.

I don't think he's noticed I'm there yet, so I takes few steps closer.

"Percy"