Chapter Four

Stiles POV

"You're here!" Scott cheered.

"I said I would be?" I laughed.

I smiled. I don't even remember the last time I smiled.

Joy. I felt pure joy go through me.

I was happy to hang out with my best friend, even if it was working on a project with him.

"So you've been like doing a lot of stuff after school." Scott said.

"Yeah." I answered.

I have never been this happy in years, so even if Scott were to find out about Derek and I, I wouldn't even care. My happy mood, wouldn't be destroyed.

"What's been going on? Your dad have a case or something?"

"No, he just wanted to spend time with me. You know? Father, son bonding time." I replied, sitting on his bed.

"Oh I see."

He handed me papers, tons of papers. All science related. It made me think back to the days when I was in elementary school, having to create a science fair project, and present it to the school.

No one should grow up.. I thought

When you're eight years old, you don't care. Life is amazing and wonderful, full of new and exciting adventures... I thought

Now it's being insulted, until you are so unhappy and depressed, that you resort to cutting open your wrists... I thought.

"--just odd." I heard.

Damn it, Stiles! You spaced out again! You stupid loser!

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, rubbing my temple.

I need to just stop thinking... I thought

"I said, I saw you go into a male strip club last week..." Scott said, a smirk painted on his face.

"Oh, well. About that." I mumbled.

Well, I guess I need to sneak into Charlie's better next time... I thought.

Scott started laughing his ass off.

"I am a gay teenager, who gets nothing. No ass, no dick. Not even a kiss. So I go to that place, because I have needs." I said, a little too proudly.

He was rolling. He was laughing so hard, that he was also crying.

"I knew you were gay!" He choked out. "I knew when we first met!"

"Wait what?!" I was laughing now.

"When we first met, you pointed to some random boy and said 'damn, look at him Scott.'"

We both started laughing so hard, and loud, that I think we made the house shake.

"I think everyone knew but me, Scott!"

I haven't laughed this hard in years. I haven't been this happy in years. I haven't felt anything in years. It was nice, to feel again. Especially the laughter.

A few hours later

My fingers danced on the screen of my iPhone, spelling out a message to Derek that read:

"Can I come over for a while?"

I prayed for a positive response.

Luckily, I got one.

He almost immediately responded with:

"Yes. Please."

I drove the few minutes from my home to his, and skipped to the door. I knocked carefully, afraid to push the door down. It looked like even the tiniest tap would make it disintegrate.

"Stiles."

I spun around, scared shitless as always.

"You should stop scaring me, because I don't appreciate it." I teased.

He smiled, which made me fill with a warm feeling.

"Let's go inside." He said.

Once inside, we sat on the same worn out couch we've been sitting on for the past two weeks. We've held each other on this couch, we've cried together on this couch. For some reason, that feels like a moment I should cherish.

It was silent for a while, both of us awkwardly looking around the dark room.

Then he sighed.

"I'm depressed." He said.

"You admitted it." I said in shock.

"Yes, because you taught me that the first step, is admitting the problem."

I smiled, I never in a million years thought he would admit to being depressed.

I was hesitant, I didn't want to be slapped, or hurt. But it seemed worth a try. I slowly placed my hand atop his, and smiled again.

"I'm proud of you." I whispered.

He flipped his hand around, so our palms were touching and our fingers were intertwined.

With his other hand, he cupped my cheek. Pulling my face closer to his, so he could passionately kiss me.

-------------------------------------------------

So sorry I haven't updated in as long as I did! I was bored today so I started reading Sterek fanfic and got kind of into it. I will update I Am No Different as soon as I can, I'm sorry if this chapter sucks. I'm trying really hard, so please also vote and give me feedback. Thanks so much! And love you all! And for those who are still reading, thank you for staying, and waiting. You guys are patient and awesome. More chapters to come!:)