Chapter Six

Stiles POV

I stayed with him the entire weekend. Taking care, and mending his wounds.

"I want to stay, but I have school tomorrow." I said, running my fingers through his greasy hair.

It was getting late, and as much as I wanted to stay, my father would start wondering. The last thing I'd really want was him finding out about my sexuality. Not that he wouldn't be excepting, it's just a little awkward to come out to your parent.

"I'll drive you tomorrow, I promise. Please don't leave me tonight, I need you." He looked into my eyes, he was so vulnerable.

"Let me see if I can." I said, sitting up from my comfortable position.

Even though we haven't established anything, we are close. Derek never let me go. He held my hand, he hugged me and cried on my shoulder. He fell asleep with his head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat. We've kissed once, and haven't spoken of it since. I feel like something is forming though, slowly but surely.

I sent a short text to my father that went something like: I'll come home tomorrow after school, I'm giving Scott a ride to school tomorrow so I'll stay here again tonight. If that's alright.

I felt Derek's arm snake around mine, pulling me back into his warm embrace.

My phone buzzed in my hand, and we both looked to see my father's response: Yes... Just please come home tomorrow, you've been away from home a lot. It worries me.

I looked back at Derek, who had a feint smile on his face.

"Looks like I'm staying." I whispered.

He wrapped his arms around me, and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Good." He said.

~

Derek's POV

"Stiles?" I said, searching for him.

Everything was dark, I couldn't see anything.

"Derek..." Someone whispered.

"Stiles?" I asked.

"Derek..." The voice came again.

"Who's there?"

"Derek..."

I stood up, fighting to see through the black.

"Derek..."

"What do you want." I questioned.

"You did this..."

My head shot to the direction of my feet, that I couldn't even see. I tightly shut my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"It's your fault..."

"I didn't want them to die!"

"But you did, Derek."

That voice, sounded so familiar...

"Laura...?" I whispered.

Suddenly, she appeared in front of me.

"Wow, Derek. You actually remember me." She said, taking a step toward me.

"Laura.. O-of course I remember you, you're my sister." I reached out to hug her, but before I could, she disappeared.

"You let me die though, Derek." She said.

I turned around, to find her standing behind me.

"I tried to save you and everyone else! I tried!" I cried.

"You didn't try hard enough." She slurred.

Before I could even blink, she was choking me. Killing me.

"I'll let you die, like you let us die!" She yelled.

I tried to scream, but no noise escaped my throat.

"Derek!" Laura shrieked.

I tried to scream again. Nothing. I was silent.

"Derek!"

Silence.

"Derek!!"

Silence.

"Derek!" Stiles screamed.

My eyes shot open, and I found myself thrashing around violently.

"Derek!" Stiles screamed again.

I stopped, and started to breathe. I was trying to catch my breath.

"Derek, oh my god..." Stiles said.

I whipped the sweat off my forehead, my hands shaking vigorously.

"I-I had a bad dream." I stuttered.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Y-yeah."

"Don't."

I looked to him in confusion.

"What?" I asked.

"You are not alright."

I looked into his eyes, his gorgeous brown eyes.

"What ever." I muttered, grabbing my phone.

It was 9:30.

"Derek."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"What was your dream?"

I looked at him again. As much as I didn't want to discus it, I felt like I needed to. Or I wanted to with him, because I trust him.

"You kept mumbling... Laura..." He said.

"It was a bad dream..." I said.

There was a silence, the only sound I heard was Stiles' heartbeat. He hesitantly grabbed my hands. He tangled our fingers together.

"You, you can tell me.." He said.

"I know, I just.. I'm scared." I admitted.

Saying that I was scared, was something that I had never uttered before. So I wasn't surprised by the small amount of shock upon his face.

"Why are you scared?" He asked.

"...I'm scared of saying too much. Of telling you, anything because I don't want you to leave me. I don't want you to be disgusted by me, and run away. I don't want to lose anyone, not again..."

Another silence fell upon us. I looked at him, my fear of scaring him away already effecting me.

"You would never, ever scare me away. I promise."

His words sounded sincere, but I still had a feeling that my pathetic problems would turn him away.

"I murdered my family, Stiles.."

"Derek, you know the fire wasn't your fault. You yourself barely got out alive. You and Peter were in the hospital for months."

"I should have helped them."

"It was impossible." He argued.

"They died because of me."

"They didn't."

"I pissed Kate off, and so she killed my family. It's all my fault."

"Derek, you had no idea she would go crazy like that. It's not your fault, she was insane."

Why was he so sure it wasn't me? I don't understand...

"Derek..." Stiles whispered.

He lifted my chin up so he could see my face, then lightly stroked my cheek.

"I promise it wasn't your fault..."

"I'm the reason they're dead." I muttered.

"Listen to me," he started "you aren't the reason they died. Kate is. She was a crazy bitch, she's the bad person. You aren't the reason your family died, I don't know how else to tell you the truth. It is though, you had nothing to do with their death. It was never your fault..."

He paused for a moment, looking at our intertwined hands.

"I know what it's like to blame yourself. I'm.. I'm the reason my mother died.."

"Stiles, no you aren't. She died of cancer, you couldn't control that.." I said.

"You are blaming yourself for the death of your family, yet you disagree with me about blaming myself for the death of mine." He looked up once again, with watery eyes.

"...Seems that way doesn't it..." I said, realizing how hypocritical I was.

The Next Day

Stiles' POV

I awoke to the screech of my phone alarm. I quickly turned it off, hoping I didn't wake Derek. Who was snuggled up against me, my free arm wrapped tightly around his waist, holding his hand.

"What kind of an alarm tone was that?" I heard him ask.

Guess I woke him up, whoops.

"I don't know how to change it, so uh, that's my alarm." I answered.

He giggled, and unwrapped himself from our warm spooning position.

"I'm going to take a shower." He said, taking off his tight tank top.

"Oh um.. O-okay." I stuttered.

His body was magnificent. I was memorized.

"Maybe this is going a little fast, but would you like to join me?"

"Y-you want me, me to, j-join you in the sh-shower?" I couldn't handle myself, I couldn't believe what he was asking.

He smirked, "I'd love for you to."

He unzipped his pants, winked, and walked into the bathroom.

I jumped up, clumsily stripping down. I ran into the bathroom, to see something gorgeous.

Derek stood naked, turning the shower on.

"I hope you like hot showers." He said.

---------------------------------------------

Little cliff hanger! Sorry! So please let me know, should the next chapter be smutty, the continuation of this^^ I don't want to creep anyone out or go to fast with sex right away. So give me some feedback, hope you liked it.:)