11

I sat on my bed, still exhausted from today. I know, it may have seemed simple, but it wore me out, more emotionally than anything. Whatever that was, I hope it doesn't happen again.

Tyler seemed tired as well, he was already asleep. Its only after eleven.

I was lonely and too scared to wonder outside my-our- bedroom walls.
Eventually, curiosity got the best of me. I wanted to see Brendon, he's usually awake at this hour and I haven't seen him in a day or two. So it wouldn't' hurt right?

I walked up to the dark door and gently grabbed the gold doorknob.

The room was dark too, automatically making me want to turn back. Instead, I stayed quiet and listened for breathing, only to be be greeted by complete silence.

I decided that was the point were I needed to search for the light switch.
My had slid up and down the middle of the wall, eventually I found what I  was looking for.

Regret instantly washed over me as I saw the dim yellow light shine over Brendon's pale body. His lifeless person layed there, still. I was in shock, the walls seemed to be closing in on me. I backed up slowly, hearing the crinkle of a piece of paper under my sock clad foot.
I picked it up, the words written in messy ink was all it took for me to want to run and never look back.

' you're next '

hEy thEre
aLmoSt 2k rEaDs  iLY guYs

{not edited}